35- Stay Away

[Taehyung's POV]

The worst part about today is how I had to smile in front of a bunch of people that I didn't know or didn't like, and it was all for the media. Just a few days prior, I had brunch with Jennie's family to go over a discussion about our appearance. Mr. Kim had said it would be best if Jennie and I made a small appearance at the SFW together in order to make it seem believable when the media catches us at Kai's celebration.

Now, I was in the backseat of a stretch limousine alongside Jennie and her parents. Mine would be meeting us there. Jennie has her hand in mine, while she looked in my eyes. We were in front of her parents, so we both knew we had a part to play. My job was simple: to be the caring and protective boyfriend, who is madly 'in love' with his girlfriend. Jennie was suppose to be the sweet and passionate girlfriend, who loved being around her boyfriend. Hopefully we could pull it off.

"I can see things will go well. Consider it a success already!" said Mrs. Kim. "Just be natural, but don't overdo it too much. We still need to keep our professionalism and our dignity. Our family name holds much value," said Mr. Kim.

"Of course sir! I would do nothing that could deter that," I said. I remember that he is a father after all, and to some extent it may disturb him to see his daughter being way too friendly with me. Although, I knew he was saying that to keep malicious rumors from spreading. After all, Korea is still a conservative place.

Once the car stopped, the chauffeur let us out and escorted us to the door. The hotel was a five star and very expensive. Apparently they rented the whole place out, all for his party. Kai was very spoiled and his parents went to his beck and call whenever he wanted something. I'm more anxious to see his fiancée. I wondered if he would commit to her since he has the reputation of a playboy.

I held Jennie's hand since this would be the time to do so. The place was very nice and had much elegance. Certainly this place lived up to its name: The Grand Luxe.

There were hundreds of people all over, but my eyes instantly scanned for Bogum, who said that he'll be here with his wife. I was too busy looking that I never noticed my parents standing in front of me until Jennie tugged my arm.

"Huh?!" I was faced with my mother and father who both wore matching smiles. "Oh, did you need something?"

My mother embraced me while my father just gave me a pat on the back. She pulled away and smiled at me warmly. "Did you greet Jongin?" she asked. "Let him know your presence and also greet his parents. You don't want to be rude! Remember to say congratulations!"

"Honey, let the boy relax a little," said my father, placing his hand on her shoulder. He then turned to me and gave me a weak smile, "we'll be talking with Mr. Hong. You remember his son, don't you?"

"Joshua?" I asked, still unaware of what this conversation was about to lead into.

"Yes. He returned back from abroad and he'll be in here for a few more weeks before returning to the States. You should see him before he leaves." He took my mother's hand and then both left us to speak with Mr. Hong. I haven't spoken with Joshua since middle school and I highly doubt he remembers me. Right now I wasn't focused on finding Joshua.

"You seem out of it," said Jennie. She raised her brow and pursed her lips, "Don't you think you need to focus on me more. You haven't even really looked at me and you haven't complimented me at all!" She crosses her arms and pouted at me.

"You look nice, today! Happy?!" I said, sounding very annoyed at her complain.

She rolled her arms and pressed her body closer to mine and her icy stare immediately made me tense up. "It's about her, isn't it? That's why you're like this," she faked laughed and continued on, "That bitch!"