Chapter 48

Ave walked into the court room and sat with Abigail, Fred, George and Mr Weasley in the stands until she was called to speak. She heard Rhys' name being called and Ave watched as guards took him over to the chair, handcuffed.

They stood either side of the chair, just in case Rhys tried to pull anything. Eventually, the Minister spoke."Rhys Matthews, you have been brought here today because of the accused," The Minister took some paper from a Woman and read it out:"Kidnap, rape, torture, fake ID and breaking into Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardary."

He put the paper down and looked straight at Rhys. He didn't move for a moment then he glanced up at the Minister and began laughing. "I did do all of that, except for one. I did not break into that pathetic excuse for a school! Draco Malfoy let me in." The Minister read through his notes then sighed. He seemed taken aback because Rhys had just confessed. "Why did you kidnap and do what you did to Abigail Smith and Avery malfoy?" Rhys rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Because I have unfinished business with her from a few years ago and if you do send me down, I will get out and find her." Ave grabbed both, Fred and Georges' hands, scared they might do something stupid.

The Minister looked over at Ave then to the guards that had brought Rhys in. "Take him to the stands." The guards lifted Rhys off the chair and roughly took him over to the stands where he glared at Ave and mouthed, "

"I'll get you one day." He sat down in the seat away from Ave, the two guards either side of him. Ave looked at George who was glaring deeply at Rhys.

He must have saw what he mouthed to Abi."Avery malfoy." Ave looked at the twins before standing up. She slowly made her way to the chair and sat down, suddenly noticing that the scars on her arms were clearly visible under the light. She hid her arms under her jumper, hoping that no one noticed.

"How long have you known Rhys Matthews?" The Minister asked, giving Abigail a look. She gulped and took a deep breath."I have known him since I was brought to a orphanage for witches and wizards. He used to torture me with this girl when we were in the orphanage. No one really did anything about it. He went by another name then."Cornelius Fudge sat forward in his seat. "What name would this be?" He asked, staring at Ave with interst."Tom." Ave said, simply. She wanted this to be over with soon.

After half an hour of more questions, Fudge decided. He sent Ave back to the stand and called Rhys back to the chair.

He had a moment of silence before speaking."Raise your hands if Rhys Matthews should be placed in Azkaban." Half of the judges put their hands up. "Okay, raise your hands if all charges should be cleared." More hands went up and a small smile appeared on ave's face. Fudge hit his hammer on the board. "Take him to Azkaban." The words rung in Avery's ears as she watched the guards take Rhys away. It was like it went in slow motion.

She was free.

Finally.