Chapter 49

Avery walked out of the Ministry of Magic, Fred and George either side of her and Mr Weasley behind them.

Fred and George climbed into the car and Mr Weasley got in the drivers side. "Hey, I need the toilet. I know you're not allowed to stay here after a certain period of time so I'll meet you in the carpark outside the cafe." Abigail and Avery said Fred leaned towards Avery, looking concerned. "Are you sure?" He asked.

Avery nodded and waved as Mr Weasley drove away. They began walking back towards the building until Avery heard an engine revving behind her. Ave turned round and noticed that no one was around until a car began speeding towards her and Abi they both froze.

It happened like a flash of light. One minute Ave was stood in front of the car racing towards her and the next, she tumbled over the car and hit the ground with a deafening crunch.

Ave could hear a ringing in her ears before she closed her eyes and everything around her faded. The three Weasleys' waited and waited. Minutes turned into hours until fred climbed out of the car and walked back to the Ministry without saying a word.

He saw people crowded around something and an ambulance from ST Mungos. Fred  ran over and pushed past the crowd of people to see what was going on. He saw Avery and Abigail laying on the ground, covered in cuts and her eyes closed tightly.

"What happened?" He asked, looking at the person stood nect to him."I don't know. I heard a squealing of breaks, a scream and a car was driving off in a hurry by the time I got out here. I called the ambulance and we've been trying to get a response from the young girl but she's out cold." Fred kneeled down beside Ave and touched her cheek.

He quickly pulled away. She was freezing. A couple of the Doctors walked out of the ambulance with 2 stretcher and levitated Ave and Abi onto it. Fred followed them into the ambulance after seeing blood on the ground that had came from his girlfriends' ear. He sat in the ambulance on the way to ST Mungos, watching as the Doctors did what they could.

He was beating himself up in his mind for leaving Ave on her own. She would have been safer with him but no, he put her in danger. Fred was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts by the Doctor. He looked at Ave and gasped when he saw that she was waking up. Fred leaned foward and held her hand, making her look towards him.

"Fred..." She breathed. He nodded and kissed her head."I'm sorry... I love you." Fred felt tears sting his eyes when she said that. He tried  to stay strong as he stroked ave's hair."Hey, it's okay. You're going to be okay, I swear. The Doctors will look after you and you'll be back to your old self in no time."

He watched as Avery slowly shook her head. She reached her hand up and put it on Fred's cheek. She mouthed, 'I love you' before closing her eyes, her hand falling to the side. Fred was pushed back in the chair by the Doctor and he let the tears fall as he watched him push down on ave's chest, counting quietly.