Chapter 52

Avery screams filled the room as she woke up, sweating heavily from the nightmare. She looked around. Ave was no longer laying in a bed. She was sat against a wall next to Abigail who was suddenly disappearing into darkness, chains tightly around her ankles as she saw her fade away.

She tried to scream for help again but something a tasted like chlorine was stuck in her mouth.

Suddenly.

the door swung open and someone walked in. They were tall and when they stepped into light, Avery gasped.

A Woman stood in front of her. Her blonde hair was done in a messy bun and she looked like she hadn't slept in months. Ave watched the Woman kneel down in front of her and reach her hand towards her. Avery flinched, used to what  Rhys had done to her. Instead of hitting her, the Woman took the thing that was in her mouth out and stared deeply in her eyes.

Ave felt uncomfortable. She had no idea who this Woman was. Was she there to kill her or to help her? "What's your name?" The Woman asked, stroking ave's cheek, gently. "A-avery. Avery malfoy."

Woman gasped. She then looked down at avery's left arm. She carefully took the chains off and rolled up her sleeve. She took off the glove, revealing the scar that Rhys left nearly a few years ago.

"Your birthday is 31 April 1978?" Avery nodded and the Woman smiled. She took a photo out of her pocket and gave it to Avery who took it and looked at it. It was a photo of two people that Ave recognised to be the Woman standing in front of her, a man and a baby. She turned the photograph around and there was writing on the back.

Avery Sophie Montgomery

"This... Is me?" Ave asked, looking up at the Woman. She nodded. Ave tried to process everything in her mind. The baby was her, the Woman standing in front of her was in the picture and her Father was there too. Which only meant one thing

"Mum..."