Chapter 1💥

Chapter 1:
"We're all so desperate to be understood we forget to be understanding."
-Beau Tapen

Akashaa;

4 months ago today, I thought I was going to lose my life. The same night I killed Messiah, Tank had someone follow our car and they ended up shooting at us. My dad's security guard died and they left me. Not to teach me a lesson but to deliver a message. I don't understand what it means but I was happy I wasn't gone.

I'm currently staying in a shelter. This wasn't what I was used to but I would have to make due until I could get my shit together. I walked out of the shelter and walked to the park. The sun started coming up. Since I've been here, I've watched the sun rise and set everyday. That's something I like doing now.

"Hey you got any spare change?" Some man asked me.

I shook my head no and looked the opposite way. Everything in my world seemed like it was falling apart. I had to sleep with one eye open 'cause I didn't trust no one.

"Hey baby, you want some?" Some old lady asked me, pushing some old food towards me.

"Like I told you yesterday and the day before that, no." I have to tell her the same thing everyday.

I sat on the bench and watched as the people walked and ran by. It was peaceful to me. I probably looked crazy to the people that walked past me with all my duffle bags next to me. As long as you no one looked at me for too long, I didn't mind it.

"You look familiar." Some man said before sitting down next to me.

"I bet." I continued  looking ahead and scooted away a little bit.

I could feel him staring at me. Probably trying to put the pieces together. Maybe trying to figure out where he knows me from. I've seen him around sometimes when he would drive past and truth be told he looked familiar as well. I couldn't place where I even knew him from.

"You sure I don't know you."

"I'm not even from here. So, no."

"Where you from?" He asked, leaning back on the bench.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "You just engage in conversations with strangers?

He shrugged. "Are you going to answer my question?

"Chicago. You?

"Chicago."

"You trying to be funny?" I asked, turning to look at him.

I looked at him for the first time and a wave of euphoria hit me. "King?" I asked.

"Akashaa?" He asked before looking me over.

"Baby girl what are you doing here and why are you sitting at the park with mad duffle bags?"

I knew King since I was 5 years old and he was 7. We initially met at the park that was in the back of our apartment complex and the rest was history. We were together 24/7. We were inseparable.

"I killed my ex and needed a new place to start over at. Ever since my dad died, everything has just been going downhill for me." I said looking down at my hands.