Chapter 17🖤

"The way I see it is if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain"

-Dolly Parton

A month has gone by since everything happened. Naharie has been taking extra steps to avoid me since that night which I'm not affected by but the way he's going about it is weird. He finally got what he wanted from me and moved around. I guess.

Jah decided that he was going to stay here and it honestly pissed me off. I thought his reason behind it was stupid. It is stupid. He didn't want to leave because of me. I kept telling him to go. I didn't want to hold him back from anything and he said that was never the case. Whatever.

I'm currently at the hair salon. I decided to dye my hair a burgundy color. I think it would look good on me. Plus I needed a change anyway.

My birthday is tomorrow and I couldn't wait. Ryan already had my dress and heels picked out. He stressed the fact that since Lyric is always dressing me, he wanted to try it out. Stating that he wanted to make me look drop dead gorgeous. I must say he has taste.

I was currently living life but that didn't stop me from my main task at hand. Killing Tank. Everything wasn't going to be peaches and cream which wasn't what I expected either. Trina, the girl we had set up with Canito, gave me some information yesterday. Tank stayed in a penthouse in Los Angeles because that's where most of his connections where.

Not many people liked him. He ran his mouth too much which always got him into some trouble. So he had problems almost everywhere. Typical.

A man named Xavier hated Tank with a passion. He had a range of connections but mostly stayed in North and South Carolina. He knew his people could be trusted.

The one thing I admired about him was that he didn't play about his money and he meant business. In a way he reminded me of my father.

People had so much respect for him and he always gave back to his communities. I was thankful for Ricky helping me out for the time being but I knew that I needed Xavier to help me.

I wanted to take back my daddy's trap and turn it into something. Maybe a Boys Girls & club for the kids. He would've wanted that.

💫💫💫

"Do you like it?" The lady asked.

"Yes. It compliments my skin color. I look different." I said.

"You're welcome and it does suit you."

"How much do I owe you?" I asked before digging in my purse.

"You're boyfriend paid already. You're lucky." She said smiling at me.

Boyfriend?

I laughed and shook my head. I thanked her again before walking outside and getting into my car. I would repay Jah but he wouldn't take the money. He would say I earned it. Since I was his "lady", I could get whatever I wanted.

When I drove to Kings house, he was having a cookout again. All these damn people it didn't make no sense. The first person I saw was Lyric. I was low-key mad at her because I haven't seen her in a while.

"I see you don't know people no more." I said, walking up to her.

"Hey baby mama." She said hugging me.

"Where have you been?" I asked her.

"We went out of town for the doctor's appointment. I'm gonna have a baby." She said.

"I'm so happy for you guys. For real." I said hugging her.

"Thanks. We're so excited. I told King and the guys and I swear Ryan was happier than the both of us." She said.