Chapter 3💙

"I can have peace of mind when
I forgive rather than judge."
-Gerald Jampolsky

*1 month later*

I start college today and you could say I'm more than excited. It was a new beginning for me and I was ready for it.

"What time does your first class start?" King asked me when I walked into the kitchen.

"10:10." I said before grabbing an apple from the basket.

"You need a ride?" I shook my head no.

"Ion want them thinking that you my boyfriend or something. You might scare the boys away." I said laughing. He sucked his teeth and mugged me.

"It's school before boys Akashaa and you know that." He said. That made me laugh harder cause who he thought I'm he was?

"Boy you out here sounding like somebody's father and you are not mine. School is my first priority and I can careless about these boys out here. Relax." I said.

Tina walked into the kitchen and smiled at us before grabbing food out of the fridge. "I have enough time to make you breakfast Mami and I'm happy." Tina said turning her head and smiling at me.

Over the past month, I've grown a liking for her. She was basically everybody's mother figure and I loved her. I kept looking at the wall clock and it only read 8 o'clock. I should've slept later but you know when the first day of school is the next day and you wake up extra early for it? Yeah that's me.

The doorbell rang and I walked to the door to see who it was. When I opened the door, there stood the finest Spanish boy I ever saw. He looked real good. He was tall with a lot of facial hair and I couldn't help but stare. I swear it should be a crime for men to be out here looking this good.

"How may I help you?" I finally asked. He smiled at me and all I could look at was his pearly white teeth.

"Um hi. Is my mother here?" He asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Tina?" I asked him. He nodded his head and licked his lips. I nodded my head and moved to the side so he could come in.

Once he did, I closed the door behind him and motioned for him to follow me into the kitchen. "Tina you got a visitor." I said to her.

She turned around and just looked at the boy or man I should say. She didn't crack a smile or greet him. She just stared which I thought was weird.

"What you doing?" She asked him. I looked from him to her and shrugged my shoulders. Their business wasn't mine so I wasn't going to mind it.

"Who was that at the door?" King asked coming out of the basement and walking into the hallway. I looked behind me towards the kitchen and shrugged once again.

"Tina's son." I replied. Kings head snapped towards the direction of the kitchen and his whole demeanor changed. Here we go with the bullshit. He rubbed his temple and made his way towards the kitchen. Following behind him, I was curious to what was about to happen.

I felt the air thicken and watched as King and Tina's son stared each other down. "What you doing in my house?" King asked pointing at him.