Chapter 13💛

"If you're always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be"
-Maya Angelou

I woke up to my alarm going off. Sucking my teeth, I slowly sat up in bed. I really didn't feel like doing anything today

Stripping out all my clothes, I stood in the mirror looking at my reflection. The hurt I've experienced was showing all over my face. I wasn't myself. It was like looking at a different version of me.

I needed to do something new. Something exotic and exciting. My hair looked like it hasn't been brushed in years . It's always thrown up in a ponytail anyway.

After getting out of the shower and getting dressed,   I  made my way towards the kitchen. My mom was in there listening to some music and dancing around the kitchen while cooking.

"What you cooking?" I asked her once the song started to fade out.

"Food." She said, smiling at me.

"I have an interview today at 11."

She looked at me and smiled.

"Good for you baby. How is school? Are your classes hard?" She asked.

I shook my head no.

"Nah not  really. School is good. Annoying but it's okay."

It was silent for a minute before she spoke again.

"Have you talked to King?" She asked.

"Yeah. I talked to him the other day."

"Good. That's good. Later, like maybe before we got to bed or whatever, we need to talk. Like have a serious talk because I know you still have hate for me even though you don't show it. I wanna get everything cleared and out of the air so we could go back to how we use to be. Got me?"

"Yeah ma I got you."

What the fuck.

💫💫💫

When I walked into the boutique, I couldn't help but to gawk. The clothes were dope. You could tell whoever designed these clothes has so much passion. Music was playing lowly through the speakers and it just overall made the vibe better.

I walked up to the counter and waited for the cashier to finish ringing up her customer.

"You too boo have a good day and don't forget my food girl." The cashier said.

"I got you as soon as I clock out. Later Cynn."

The cashier was pretty as hell. Like she could be in someone's runway or something. Beautiful as fuck. Smiling at me, I watched her dimples sink into her checks.

"Hey. You need some help?" She asked me.

"I have an interview." I said.

"Hold on." She said after popping her gum.

I looked around and seen some other girl. She was cute. When she smiled you could see her dimples too. She looked up and started looking around until her eyes landed on me.