Chapter 31🎈

"I celebrate myself, and sing myself. And what I assume you shall assume. for every atom belonging to me as good belong to you."
~Song of Myself~
-Walt Whitman

*2 Weeks Later*

It's been 2 weeks since I've been in the City and I'm loving it. I don't have to work till next Wednesday. I had Bryan drive up with Sha and 'em. Might as well. I was bored and I wanted them to come explore New York with me. Sha and Chu of course. King and 'em been up here plenty of times so it wasn't nothing new to them. They should be here in a couple hours.

After getting out the shower, I got dressed and started cooking. A nigga was starving. I laid some designs on my table and stared at them for a little bit. I had some sweaters where it said Reign on the back with the Nike sign underneath and then on the sweats, it had the same thing.

Some other sweaters had Reign written on the sleeves with the Nike sign on the left side in the front. Carlos was a bad ass artist so I had him drawing. I think I wanted to have some type of symbol or some shit. Either way I knew these sweats suits were gonna come out nice as hell.

My doorbell rung and I sighed. If it wasn't Sha and them I was gon' be tight. I opened my door and it was some chick. I looked at her while she looked me up and down. I cleared my throat.

"May I help you?" I asked her.

She bit her lip and gave me the once over again. I was growing agitated.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked her. She looked up at me and rolled her eyes.

"I just wanted to come over here and let you know a couple of things." She said.

I looked around outside and looked back at her.

"About what shorty?" I asked her.

"The neighborhood. We don't do block parties or none of that stuff you guys do. We live in a quiet gated community." She said.

See now I was gon' call her out her name but decided against it.

"Listen Karen, I could careless about what y'all doing. Don't come over here with that racist shit. I'm good over this way. Keep that shit over there." I said.

"My name is Vict..." Before she could get the rest of her name out, I slammed the door in her face. I don't got time for that.

💫💫💫

My doorbell rung again just as I was about to sit down. I swear if this girl is still outside my crib. I swung my door open and Sha was looking at me with her head tilted.

"Damn. I didn't know you liked snow bunnies." She said before pushing me to the side.

I silently said a prayer while everyone else walked in.

"Lord let her lose that attitude by the time I close this door." I said. I was about to argue with this girl today.

"So who was shorty anyway?" King asked when we were all settled in my living room.

"One of my neighbors trynna lecture me on what I can and can't do. How this is a quiet gated community and they don't do block parties." I said before getting up. I heard someone laugh.

"She gon' give you hell." Ryan said.

"I hope not." I said.

"Where did Sha go?" I asked. They shrugged.