Chapter 10🥀

"I was naked I laid there with nothing no blanket just my pulsing heart rapid flapping wings trying to escape the cage of a body to soar and explore what exists beyond words or illusions the eyes can see what can only be felt to be free"
-Shilow

I woke up to Pebbles screaming in my ear. I swear to god this man be doing the most.

"Damn. What is you screaming for?" I asked him.

Jah's arms tightened around me and I heard him suck his teeth.

"Because you in bed all snuggled up with Big Daddy Kane. Get up lil girl. I told you I wanna hit the road by 7." He said.

"The fuck." Jah whispered

I was hoping that everything went good today. Meaning I find my mom. I didn't know how I was going to be able to convince her to move with me but I knew I had to try. I didn't even know how I was going to approach her situation with her.

After showering and getting dressed, I found myself stuck to my bed. My anxiety was starting to creep up on me because I feared the worst. I knew that I had to think positive but I couldn't help it. I could hear Pebbles and Jah talking even though I couldn't comprehend what they were saying.

Walking downstairs,  Jah and Pebbles were standing in the kitchen. When pebbles spotted me,  he handed me a plate before going upstairs.

"Be careful shorty. I'll see you tomorrow." Jah said before kissing my forehead and leaving.

I grabbed everything I needed for this little road trip and made sure everything was locked up before placing the key under the mat for Tina.

💫💫💫

"Good morning little girl." Pebbles greeted me. I laughed at him and climbed to the front seat.

"Was a asleep for long?"

"Ehh. A little bit."

"We're here though." You could hear the excitement in my voice .

"What was Jah doing over at your house last night?" He asked me Sheesh lets get right to the point.

"Nothing you would be doing nosey. I just needed him for the thunderstorm. You know I don't like that." I said before stretching again.

I could tell that he was looking at me out of the corner of his eye. Here we go. I knew he wanted to say more but kept quiet.

"Mmhmm. Now where are we looking first?" He asked before opening a bag of chips.

"We could look around first and then go to my old house. I don't even know if she stays there or they gave it to someone else."

He nodded his head and I typed my address into the GPS. While we were driving around, I couldn't help but get sad. I missed Chicago but I knew it would never be the same. Not without my father.

He was the one everyone feared but also respected. If anybody needed anything, he made sure they got it. I started out the window focusing. Seeing if I could spot her.

She was 5'4 with long curly hair. Her hips were wide as hell like she had a lot of kids. She had a cut on her child from her childhood and she had a sleeve on her right arm. Her skin always glowed.