Chapter 24🌹

"If I gotta go, then I gotta do it for me. Staying means doing it for you & that's not me"

-Daee

As soon as I got in Ryan's car, he shook his head.

"What?" I asked him. He looked me up and down.

"Your clothes girl. What happened to you though?" He asked me.

He always talking about my wardrobe.

"Jah didn't come get me last night which caused me to take a uber back to my house. When I got there, he was smoking while scrolling through his phone. That pissed me off. Then he told me he was moving next weekend. No I'm not mad. So we got into an argument before you came and that pissed me off." I said while rubbing my temples.

I heard him chuckle.

"Jah's a funny character. Don't sweat it." He said before rubbing my arm.

I rolled my eyes. He's slow as hell.

We pulled up to a cafe. I looked at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Don't even say nothing lil girl." He said. I rolled my eyes and got out the car.

"You need to relax. Take your mind off of everything." He said. I nodded my head.

He was right. Get my mind off the whole Jah situation. Hopefully he's gone when I get back. I don't feel like getting into another argument with the kid. Even though it's been a couple of months since I've known him, I feel like I've known him my whole life.

He gave off that vibe that made you feel welcomed. You can't get the from just anyone. I don't know. He was the type of man you would want to have in your life. Well he is. It hasn't even been 4 months and I'm out here telling him that I love him. I do. I really do.

"Yo! You heard me?" Ryan asked while waving his hand in my face.

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "What you say?" I asked him.

"Well if you weren't all wrapped up in your thoughts, you would've heard me. What you want?" He asked me.

I turned my head and seen the waitress. She was mugging me. I rolled my eyes. "Eggs and bacon." I said while plastering a fake smile.

"Is that all you want?" She asked Ryan.

He looked at me and I looked back at the waitress.

"That's all we want." I said.

She looked over at me and rolled her eyes before walking away.

"Oops." I said laughing. Ryan laughed along with me and shook his head.

💫💫💫

"So what are we doing after this?" He asked me. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes.

"I have things to do." I said.

"I have things to do. Didn't I tell you to clear your schedule ?" He asked me.

I nodded my head.

"I just have to finish something." I said.

What is that?" He asked after drinking his juice.

"A page for my English class." I said.

"Just one page you have to finish?" He asked while squinting his eyes.

I nodded my head.

"You sure 'cause if we get to your house and you haven't even started it yet, I'm a punch you." He said.