Chapter 20🤰🏿

"What's the greatest lesson a woman should hear? That since day one she's already had everything she needs within herself. It's the world who convinced her that she did not"
-Rupi Kaur

Staring at the ceiling I couldn't help the tears that fell from my face. They weren't sad tears. More confused and happy. I've decided that I want to keep my baby. I made the decision to welcome this child into my fucked up crazy life. I guess I needed some balance. This child was pure. Innocent. Someone who needed me. I was ready to take on this important role.

Over these last 3 days I've been noticing some funny movements between Devianna. She's saying that she's pregnant and I don't believe it. I seen her coming out of the mall with Canito the other day. When I told King it all just got silent. He sent me a head nod and walked out of my house.

I didn't know what that meant cause I could understand the expression on his face. He did his best to keep her out of his business but it seemed like she inserted herself.

I wanted to see how this whole thing plays out. King doesn't say anything about it. We barely see him. Well I barely see him. The guys are with him everyday. I ask about him and they tell me nothing. He probably told them not to anyway.

I'm currently on my way to meet up with Naharie. I said I would tell him so that's what I'm doing. His reaction wouldn't change my opinion on my baby. I knew how this conversation would end.

He doesn't want to take care of his responsibilities and that's totally fine with me.

I parked my car in the parking lot and seen him sitting on the bench. Getting out, I said a silent prayer. Praying this would go exactly how I wanted it to.

He was smiling all in his phone, not aware that I was standing I front of him. I cleared my throat, he looked at me and smiled. I didn't smile back at him because I knew he was gonna say something slick out his mouth.

"I see you got time for me now. Jah finally let you roam free huh?" He asked.

Typical. I rolled my eyes.

"We're not here to talk about shit that's irrelevant. We're here to talk about a situation." I said.

He nodded his head and crossed his arms. "Shoot." He said.

"I'm pregnant." I said.

"Congratulations who's the daddy?" He asked.

I sucked my teeth and just stared at him.

"Naharie I'm not playing with you. It's your child." I said.

"You sure it's not Jahvon?" He asked smirking.

"Listen I'm not bout to play these games with you. Do you want to be in this child's life yes or no?" I asked.

He was quiet. "You ready for a child Akashaa?" He asked.

His question caught me off guard.

"Yes."

"You're sure about that? Raising a kid on your own? I'm not ready to be a father and to be honest I don't want a kid with you."

I laughed. "Good."

"Good? What's good?"

"Cause ion want a kid with you either. A mistake we both made but I know for certain that I do want my child."

He shook his head. "I don't know what your reason is behind it but here. Do us both a favor." He said handing me a stack of cash from his pants pocket.

"This should be enough for an abortion. You know damn well you not keeping that baby." He said before smirking.