College Connections (Part 2)

If you have not read College Connections Part 1 or have not read it in a while give that one a read and then come on back :) You won't be disappointed :D

Cyrus's POV

"Has it really been 3 years? I can't believe I haven't seen him in so long. This was the guy I experienced all my firsts with. I hope he didn't change or revert back to his old ways." I think as I hug him. It was so hard not seeing him in the beginning but I adjusted but now that I see him again, what's going to happen?

TJ's POV

"3 years. It's been 3 years. On the way here, I was nervous about running into him and it was like destiny lined us up, or as Andi's dad says "The Universe". He still smells like chocolate chocolate chip muffins, as if he had one for breakfast. He just makes me happy all over again. He was the one that got away. I wonder if he'll want to talk more now that we see each other again"

As we let go from the hug, I take a deep breath. The scenery is amazing and there is so much opportunities for my photo essay to really shine. As Cyrus shows me his favorite places along with general ones, I start to feel mixed emotions. I am glad he even has favorite places but I wish we could experience our favorite places again in Shadyside. The Bench where we first held hands. The swing set that has so many memories beyond compare. Even the middle and high school gyms where all my games took place and he was my cheerleader.

"And that concludes Harvard in all it's glory. We even have an hour and a half to spare before I have to return. Is there anywhere else you wanted to see again or any questions you have for your personal tour guide?" Cyrus says while adjusting his glasses.

He always wear his glasses now. He hated to in middle and high school.

I take the time to look at his outfit. A navy blue button up, khaki slacks and navy blue shoes to match. As I stare at him, his questioning look starts to turn to a worrying one. "Is there something wrong with my outfit? I've been trying to fit in here for years and thought I finally -"

"Cyrus, you look great. I promise you." I say while placing my hands on his shoulders lightly. The gesture felt so natural but after a minute, I realized how close we were standing by each other and he did too. Before I could question anything, Cyrus cleared his throat and moved away from me.

"Now that I think about it. There is one more place I haven't shown you. Let's go. It'll help kill time." Cyrus mentions before walking in the direction of the place. I feel my heart being tugged. Am I overthinking? Was that not a moment?

We reach the final location. It was the rooftop that overlooked the entire school. I gasp in amazement. "Wow Cyrus! This is so awesome. Thanks for bringing me here. I can't believe I'm seeing this." I start taking pictures when Cyrus mentions that he can't believe his view either. I stop mid photo to glance at him already staring at me. I wonder what he's thinking.

Cyrus' POV

As TJ takes pictures of everything, I just look at him in shock. I wished for this so much. I wished that TJ would come to school here because he makes me feel safe and he reminds me of home so much. I really miss Shadyside, but I know Harvard was the right move. My education has grown so much and I have some friends. I've had a crush here and there, but I don't know if it's the universe or me being stubborn, but none of the worked out and as I look at TJ, I'm seeing why. 

I tried to shrug him off along with my feelings but it's inevitable. Thelonious Jagger Kippen looks really good right now and I wish he didn't. He's going to be gone in an hour and I don't know what to do. A part of me wishes he didn't come back but a part of me is so glad he did.