Lyfting up some Love

Okay so I know I marked this book as completed but I saw that this one was almost done in my drafts and decided to add to it and finish it. I might finish others but no promises :)

Some "mature" themes mentioned since they are older but they are not doing anything crazy.

They are 21 because 21 = more fun lol. Also, some minor cursing.

Enjoy.

TJ's POV

My alarm goes off for five a.m. and I grumble as I rub my eyes, trying to wake myself up. I know I have to move and get ready now otherwise the customers will be gone soon. As I get ready, I wonder how my life got to this.

"Let's see TJ. You moved to LA with your boyfriend Reed which seemed to be a good idea at the time. You're doing perfectly fine until you get home to see Reed in bed...naked...with Lester. Out of all people, why the hell would he choose Lester? He admits things were boring so you grab your things, get an apartment of your own and now you're paying way too much for an apartment in a place you don't even want to be in. You have too much pride to call your parents so you're trying to make this work. Since you can't afford college and have a high school degree, many places in LA don't want to hire you. Until something works, you're Ubering people. That's your life TJ."

I inwardly groan and the monologue I think to myself every time I'm in the shower and eventually get ready enough to leave my house. I leave my house at six since everyone is always trying to get to work and tends to need a ride. I turn on my Lyft app and immediately get a request which excites me.

It's going to be a good day

I drive to 2319 Jefferson Drive and wait outside for a guy named Cyrus. I inwardly laugh at the irony. I almost got pretty serious with a guy named Cyrus after Reed and I broke up. Things were going great...really great...until I ghosted him.

I'm dumb. I know already.

Feelings came too strong for me too quickly at once and I handled them poorly. I'd change things if I could but I'm too chicken to reach out and too upset with my life to try to have a good constant in it for once.

As I hear a knock on my window, I glance up and my heart almost stops. 

It is Cyrus. The same one I ghosted. 

He didn't have a Lyft picture set so I didn't know if it would be him but if we're being honest...

He's never looked better. He got some glasses and was dressed very professionally. I knew he would be successful. He's great.

Damn it...I suck for messing that up. I've got regrets.

 As I stare at him in thought, he gives me a look and raises an eyebrow. "Can I...get in? It's cold out here." He asked and I unlocked my doors quickly while nodding. Cyrus quickly gets in and I start the app up again. As I start his ride, I notice he's going 30 minutes away from his house.

30 minutes of awkwardness with the man you ghosted. Awesome. He should hate me. I'm not going to speak unless he does. I don't want to make him uncomfortable. The occasional text message dings go off but I turn that off as we're at a red light a couple of minutes later.

About ten minutes of awkwardness in, Cyrus finally speaks up.

"I see your phone works. Same phone model and all."

and it's starting...

I feel myself just nod and look ahead. I'm scared that no matter what I say, it won't make sense and come out wrong.