iHeart You (Part 1/2)

{i} {H}{E}{A}{R}{T} {Y}{O}{U} (Part 1/2)

Ooh! Another request! Please keep them coming! I love expanding my creativity.

Props to @softgirlscallmeemo for this suggestion! I love music and this just made me so happy to write. I hope you enjoy it.

*I do not own "The iHeartRadio Music Festival", Macy's "Rising Star" Contest or any entities alining with it.

Everyone is 22.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Cyrus' POV

After another successful band practice in my garage, my band members and I talked about school and ate in the kitchen. We have four members.

Andi is a backup singer and plays electric.

Buffy plays the drums.

Jonah is a backup singer and plays bass.

I sing and on the occasion, a tambourine or triangle may be played too. I can only hold something so heavy for so long.

Our band name is the Good Hair Crew and though I (amazingly) created that name in middle school post Jonah and the band, it was the last choice everyone wanted but no one could come up with anything better so here we are!

I was in the living room of my house with Andi. We were talking about our music and other random things when she gasped out loud.

"Cyrus, look at this music competition! If we win, we can perform at The iHeart Radio Music Festival! That will totally make us famous! Maybe this is the extra push we need!" She says as she whips her laptop around to show me.

Apparently Macy's and iHeartRadio do this contest every year to help new(er) artists get a chance to get on a bigger stage. While my band has been around for a year, we've done small venues, have a merch line and have 301K subscribers on Youtube and 60.9K on Twitter. We're doing alright for a year, but everyone, of course, wants to be superstars.

"Sounds awesome Andi! Who's in the lineup this year?"

"Well, if we win, we would perform on the day with Cage the Elephant, Louis Tomlinson and Steve Aoki, Lil Nas X, Hootie and the Blowfish, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Set It Off, Panic! At the Disco, Pentatonix, Macklemore and OH MY GOSH!"

"Who is "Oh My Gosh"? Is that a new band you like or something?" I say while raising an eyebrow. Andi always like the weirdest people and I never can keep up. She just turns her laptop back to me again and I screech.

"TJ's Parade is gonna be there! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!" I yell as I grab the top part of Andi's laptop and shake it back and forth. Andi slaps her hand and grabs her laptop from me while frowning. "Keep that up and you'll need a new guitarist and back up singer!" 

I put my hands up and backed away from the laptop. "Okay sorry! It's just that TJ is so punk rock and fluffy at the same time. He's all GRR but AWW and he just makes me all UwU" I say while pouting at the end.

"That's adorable, and I know you love him, but I still need my laptop in one piece." Andi says. "Understandable. Now, just explain the rules and let's do this."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Great news everyone! After weeks of promoting, singing and hoping, we are in the top 3 for the competition!" I announce at band practice. Everyone cheered. We are rocking this. I can't believe out of 50 bands, we made it to the top 3. This competition has been going for 3 weeks and our band has been getting noticed even more and it just makes me so excited. Even Set It Off and Pentatonix sent personal and public messages to their fans about voting for us. We couldn't believe it.