Chapter 18-The Clutches Of A Monster

All our faces broke into happy and wide smiles instantly as we saw our friend run to us, I ran to him, instantly throwing myself in his arms, for it hadn't been long since he left, but to me, it felt like it was forever, he chuckled and wrapped his arms around my body, hugging me closely and tightly to him "if you ever leave again, I will make sure Zeus strikes you down" I tease, giggling though I was serious, he chuckles "at least it would be better than coming to a place like this" he jokes. I let go of him, him seeing the unknown tears I had streaming down my cheeks, he wiped then away with his thumb "I promise I won't leave again" he promises "you better not, now go hug the rest of your worried friends" I joke as his eyes finally see Percy, Annabeth and Thalia, giving them all individual hugs, I watched as Percy hugged his best friend, making a small smile grow on my lips "I found two" Grover says as all eyes grow wide "two Half Bloods?" I ask. "Lead us to them" Annabeth says, Grover looks at us, unsure and fear in his eyes "what is it, Grover?" I ask seeing his eyes change immediately "there are also some... You know.." He trails as we all finish the sentence in our heads "who?" I ask unsure looking around to make sure no one was listening and my voice not louder than a whisper "well, you met one just now" he said slightly snapping his gaze to the teacher at the door "Dr. Thorn, which is why you probably got a very bad vibe when close to him". He says keeping his voice low "does he know?" Percy asks "not as long as they know" he confirms "ok, let's go inside before he gets suspicious and before I break from his death glare" I joke, but I was serious, every time I looked his way, he stared right back, we went inside the gym, music playing for the students, all dancing their problems away into the night, all dressed for the occasion, except us, which I didn't mind, but from the stares and gawking from the boys. I felt out of place wearing my camp shirt and shorts, crossing my arms and slouched slightly in discomfort, Percy seeing the way the boys stared at me, placed his hand around my waist, and held me close, giving the boys a glare, a smile crept on my lips for his protectiveness, but soon it faded once my eyes fell upon the two Half Bloods, one being a young and beautiful girl, her hair long and coconut brown like mine, a green hat covering her forehead slightly and her hair. Wearing a brown loose shirt with blue jeans that covered her tan skin, she seemed to be looking around, as if something was going to happen, she had this look in her brown eyes, fear for whatever she thought was going to happen, a little boy sat next to her, holding gaming cards happily, him having the same features as the girl, coconut hair, and a young smile on his face "oh my gods" Annabeth gasps, we all turn to see her eyes, wide with shock and realization. "What's wrong, Annabeth?" I ask "I've seen those two... I met them when we were at the Lotus Casino" she reveals as we all stare at then in shock "they tried helping me, but the Lotus didn't help" she says sadly "I wonder how they got out" I say, my eyes holding so many questions "probably the same way we did" Percy says as I recalled the memory "why don't we just get them?" Thalia asks "no, Dr. Thorn will know immediately and try to kill them" Grover says looking at her in the eye. "What are their names?" I ask "Bianca and Nico de Angelo" Annabeth answers "well, might as well dance and keep an eyes on them" Thalia says as she takes Grover's arm with hers "let's dance goat boy" she says with a smile and leads him to the dance floor, shortly after they disappeared into the crowd a boy came up and asked Annabeth for a dance, she said yes and let him lead her to the floor, I turned to Percy, his hair being mixed with the colors of the lights for the dance, his eyes looking into mine. "May I have this dance, my'lady?" He asks bowing and holding his hand out for me to take, I giggle at him "why yes I would love to dance with you" I say as I take his hand, he pulls me gently into him, wrapping an arm around my waist while the other held my hand, we slow danced, our dancing matching the music that was playing, a smile finding it's way into my lips as he spun me around, my eyes never leaving his, his eyes holding their spark to me. "Percy I have to tell you something" I tell him, his attention stays on me "Percy I-" I stop mid sentence, my eyes left his, for just a second, only to meet back at his in horror "Pearl, what's wrong?" Percy asks, seeing my eyes change "they're gone" I say as I look back at their spot to see only the seats they once sat on empty, his eyes followed my eyes, only for his to fill with horror and worry "we have to go get them" I say as his eyes find mine again "no, go get the others, I'll handle this" he says as worry fills me even more. "Percy, I don't want to lose you..." I say on the verge of tears, he cups my face, looking at me in the eye "you won't ever lose me" he says to me, he places a kiss on my lips, the kiss being sweet and almost like a goodbye, we separate, a single tear leaving my eyes "be careful" I tell him "I want to come back to you... Just so I can tease you" he jokes, I laugh slightly, he smiles warmly and runs to go save the Half Bloods, while I ran the opposite way, not knowing if I were to see him again, for he was running into the clutches of a monster.