S1 E4: The First Report

Quite a few minutes had passed since Adrien had went to the bathroom to ready himself for bed, and he still hadn't returned, concerning Marinette. She decided to go and knock on the bathroom door.

"Hey, everything alright in there?"

"Uh... yeah..." Adrien chuckled nervously. "I just... didn't realize what set of pajamas I took."

Marinette snickered. "What? Are they embarrassing or something?"

"E-Extremely..."

"Oh, well now I have to see it!" Marinette folded her arms. "Come out."

"N-No, Marin... Marinette. P-Please..."

Marinette had never heard him stutter, all flustered like that. It was so utterly adorable. She knew whatever he was wearing was something she 100% needed to see. She wondered what it was. Pajamas with hearts on it? Teddy bears? Kiss marks?

"What if I promise not to laugh?" Marinette said. "It's not like I'd judge you. I mean, come on. You know me."

"You... promise?"

"I promise."

Adrien slowly emerged of the bathroom, dressed in a Ladybug onesie. It was red with black spots and a black hood. The shy boy had pink brushed against his cheeks as he could hardly look her in the eyes.

 The shy boy had pink brushed against his cheeks as he could hardly look her in the eyes

Marinette stared wide-eyed and jaw-slacked at the outfit. Adrien seemed to be a huge fan of her alter ego. He had to be to wear something so... adorably dorky to bed. She covered her mouth, trying to contain her laughter, but failed. It began with a snort, but inevitably escalated to full-on hysterical laughing. So hard, she had actual tears coming from her eyes. She tried to apologize but couldn't form the words.

"You... You promised you wouldn't l-laugh..." Adrien pulled his hood further over his face to hide his blush and tears of humiliation.

"Oh, A-Adrien!" Marinette walked up to him, feeling horrible. "Adrien, I'm sorry."

Adrien didn't respond. He was too embarrassed and angry to face her. Marinette hesitantly removed the hood and stared at his reddened eyes and crimson cheeks.