S2 E27: Homeless

"Marinette!" Tikki sobbed quietly, as she was beginning to exhaust herself. "Marinette... Marinette..."

No one even tried to stop her, even though it was extremely painful to hear her say her name, knowing it meant they'd truly lost Marinette this time. The four stayed in silence, despite the red kwami murmuring her chosen's name.

"Marinette... M—" Tikki gasped, flying up to Adrien and excitedly kissing his nose. "M—"

"You can't say her name!"

Tikki shook her head, smiling widely. "M—"

Chloé sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God!"

Plagg hugged Adrien's cheek. "Mari's still alive, kid!"

Within the next few minutes, Dr. Williams exited Marinette's room and looked around for Adrien before his eyes settled on the two kids on the floor. The kwamis retreated into his shirt.

"There you are, Adrien. And Mlle Bourgeois."

Chloé tilted her head. "Chloé is fine."

The doctor seemed surprised, but delighted. He nodded. "Mlle Dupain-Cheng is alive and more stable for now. However, her condition is unpredictable. She may flat line at any moment."

Chloé sighed, taking Adrien's hand. "Well, at least that moment isn't now."

Adrien nodded, smiling softly. He looked up at the doctor. "Can we see her?"

"Yes," the doctor gestured for the kids to follow him into the room. "Her brain has seemingly been having these unpredictable flashes of activity, where we believe she is aware of her surroundings."

Adrien stepped closer to Marinette, finding himself in a trance once again. "So... she can hear us?"

"Most likely."

"Is it active now?" Chloé asked.

"Yes, you can watch that screen." Dr. Williams said, pointing to a brain wave monitor. "The more the waves move, the more her brain is active. When it goes flat, she's completely unconscious."

Adrien caressed her cheek. "Hey, chouchou. I miss you lots."

Chloé smiled at the light blue brain waves traveling swiftly across the screen. "Well, in that case..." She stomped over to Marinette's bedside with a striking determination in her sky blue eyes. "Okay, Dupain-Cheng, it's time to wake the hell up! I know you hear me! People need you! Adrien, you're friends, your parents... me." Chloé's voice softened. "As Ladybug, you saved me and taught me what it meant to be a hero. But as Marinette, you taught me the value of friendship. I had no idea how much Adrien meant to me until you drove him away from me. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Adrien needed a type of love you made me realize I can't give him after all." Chloé rubbed Adrien's head and he smiled. "You made me want to be a better Chloé. So stop being utterly ridiculous and wake up already!" —no response— "Please?"

Still nothing. Chloé dropped to Adrien's side and started crying into his chest.

Adrien rubbed her back gently and kissed her head. "I'm sure she'll appreciate that when she wakes up."

Chloé nodded, settling down and laying on Adrien's chest. "Think she'd forgive me for being so mean over the years?"

Adrien smiled. "Hey, if she can forgive my dumb self so many times, she can forgive you once."

Chloé laughed.

"Will the girl's parents arrive soon?"

Adrien looked up to the doctor and nodded. "I called them a few minutes ago. They'll be here soon. Don't worry. I'll explain her condition."