S1 E32: Yours

As soon as both Agrestes heard the front door open, they rushed to the foyer to meet the pigtailed girl.

"Marinette!" They exclaimed in perfect unison as they came at her from different directions.

"Hey, guys," Marinette smiled brightly before seeing a nearly identical wave of panic hit their faces, "are you both okay?"

Gabriel was first to gather her in his arms. "How can you even ask us that when no one has heard from you in an hour during an attack?"

Adrien held Marinette from behind, resting his head on her back. "Y-Yeah. You can't scare us like that!"

"Aw..." Marinette smiled and returned the Agrestes' hugs. "It's okay. I'm okay."

"Nathalie," Gabriel said, "call her parents and tell them we have her."

Nathalie nodded and left to make the phone call.

The Agrestes pulled away from her. Gabriel put his hands on the girl's shoulder. "What happened? Where were you?"

"I... um..." Marinette hesitated as she tried to find the right words. "I was infected by the music."

That couldn't be right. Gabriel was certain Love Bender hadn't gotten to Marinette. He thought he'd made sure of that. Perhaps she was nearby and heard the music without either of them knowing.

Worry filled Adrien's eyes. "Marinette, I told you you should have come home with me!"

Marinette held the blond's face in her hands. "I'm fine, Adrien. I promise."

Adrien whimpered, placing his hands over her wrists.

"Come on." Marinette caressed his cheek. "It's only ten in the morning. We can spend the day together, alright?"

Adrien nodded, a small smile forming on his lips. "Okay!"

"Come see me again before you leave, alright?" Gabriel told her.

Marinette nodded. "Of course."

***

Marinette was snuggled up to Adrien's chest as he hold her close to him, caressing her shoulder. All of the sudden, he stopped holding her.

 All of the sudden, he stopped holding her

"What's the matter, chéri?"

Adrien pouted. "If you were infected today, then you fell in love with someone and kissed them, didn't you?"

Marinette shrugged, sitting up straight. "Well, I mean, yeah. But it's not like it was real."

The blond looked away from her. "Who... Who was it?"

"Just one of my friends. You don't know him," Marinette told him. "I had no idea what happened until he told me. I was just glad it was him and not some stranger."