S2 E 18: A Blood Curdling Absorption

"I thought of her..." Adrien repeated, "when I kissed you. I thought... of her. I-I shouldn't have, I know that. Don't get me wrong, I love you, Marinette. I truly do. But for some reason, I still can't let go of this other girl. I can't be with you yet, Mari. No matter how much I want to, even if you wanted to. I-I'm just not ready. And I'm so sorry for kissing you..."

Marinette wasn't looking at Adrien anymore. She had her head bowed towards the tiled floor, her hair flowing over her reddened face as she shook immensely.

Adrien bit his lip, placing a hand upon her shoulder. "Marinette, are you okay?"

Marinette shrugged the offending appendage off her as she stared up at him in pure rage

Marinette shrugged the offending appendage off her as she stared up at him in pure rage. Her lips pursed into a thin line and her once ocean eyes glazed over with hellfire, pelting the boy with the piercing glare.

"Adrien Agreste! What the hell?!"

Marinette's head was spinning. Did Adrien really just kiss her and take it back? She'd been in love with a moron, a complete jerk. He's been playing with her feelings and taking advantage of her kind and forgiving nature. But she was so unbelievably done.

Adrien swallowed harshly, seeing how angry she was. "M-Marinette..."

"Don't you 'Marinette' me!" The girl pointed a sharp finger at him. "You damn idiot!"

"I-I know you're angry. You have every right to be," Adrien said as calmly as possible. "But, please, don't use that kind of language with me."

"What the... Are you serious?" Marinette huffed. "Damn and hell are not swears! They're in the Bible!"

"Maybe, but I still don't--"

"Shut up!" Marinette seethed. "You're such a fucking asshole!"

"Marinette!" Adrien backed up with tears in his eyes. "Now, you're definitely swearing at me..."

Marinette ignored him and went on an infuriated rant, advancing forwards as he cowered. "You are absolutely ridiculous! You act all innocent and cute, but you're just as much of a dick as Damian and Louis! That, or you're actually just that stupid! Playing with my feelings like this? Kissing me and taking it back because it made you think of someone else, saying that I tasted like her? It's just cruel, and mean!"

Adrien chocked at her words. Marinette was always so sweet with him. She was always gentle and understanding. But he really had pulled the last straw with this kiss. He never heard her swear before, or speak such hurtful words.

"I'm sorry," Adrien said in a mere whisper. "I never should have kissed you like that. Please, calm down so we can talk this out properly."

Marinette's voice deepened frighteningly. "Never  tell a woman to calm down!"

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry!" Adrien whimpered. "Why are you so mad?"

That was it; Marinette's boiling point. She lost all control of her raging body as she smacked Adrien across the head. "I'm in love with you, you dense idiot!"