S2 E12: Dad

"Yes, that's right. I..." Gabriel trailed off on his phone call as he heard the harsh rainfall on the window. "No, I'm still here."

"You seem distracted, Agreste," the man on the opposite line spoke.

"No, not at all." Gabriel moved closer to the door leading to the living room where he knew his family was. "You were saying?"

"I was saying," the man said, slightly annoyed, "that your set prices are way to high. Many people will not be able to afford the formal wear in the winter addition."

"What are you talking about? The prices weren't--" Thunder struck and Gabriel's eyes widened, knowing Adrien was most likely in a panic. "The prices I set weren't that high."

Marinette and Nathalie were with Adrien. He'd be fine without him.

"Yes, they are," the irritable man argued. "Over five hundred euros for a single dress seems ridiculous! Not to mention your hand-mades must be even more expensive!"

"I urge you not to raise your voice at me, Mr. Auxier," Gabriel returned stiffly. "I did not set my prices that high for the regulars. Only for the select few I made personally. There may have been a mix up."

"Then what were the prices meant to be?"

Gabriel was not paying attention as he was listening to Adrien burst into tears and an exchange between him and Marinette. She was leaving. However, Nathalie was still there. Adrien was fine.

"Hello?" Mr. Auxier groaned. "Mr. Agreste, the prices!"

When Adrien had settled down, he returned to his phone. "Yes, the Blue Flurry is 200. The White Snow is 250. Red Glory is..."

Adrien screamed.

Gabriel couldn't take it anymore. He had to go comfort his son.

"I apologize, Mr. Auxier," he said quickly. "I must call you back. My son needs me."

"What?" Mr. Auxier huffed. "You are in Pau right now, for business. Not a family vacation. This partnership requires your cooperation. Your son can wait a moment."

"No, he cannot," Gabriel protested. "He's afraid of the storm and I have to leave. I will return your call tomorrow."

"Adrien? Isn't he, like, fourteen?" Mr. Auxier asked. "Why would he be frightened by the storm? Listen, that kid was always ached for attention. That's probably all it is."

Gabriel's eyes narrowed dangerously. "My son does not lie for attention and he is most certainly more important than gown prices! This partnership is over."

Mr. Auxier spoke through grit teeth. "You can't do this."

Gabriel hung up the phone. "I just did."

Adrien screamed again, sobbing harshly

"Adrien!"

Plagg quickly went back into hiding when Gabriel rushed out to the living room. The Agreste found his son hugging himself within a blanket, crying softly, abandoned on the couch.