3⃣0⃣-One

Do the rest yourself

The trouble starts on a Saturday.

It's Jeongguk's first day off in a while, where he doesn't have to worry about meetings or appointments, and he's content to just lie in bed for at least another hour before he starts feeling unproductive and starts working anyway.

His eyes are just about to drift closed, body lulled into a calm, relaxed state, when a shrill sound tears through the air, and he's jumping out of bed in a panic because what the hell triggered the fire alarm?

He darts into the kitchen, body still groggy from sleep, and he hisses at the cold air because he'd slept in boxers and he'd forgotten to turn on the heater last night. Jeongguk checks the stove and the microwave as the alarm continues to blare, and then he realizes it's not his .

As if on cue, his doorbell rings, and his vision flares red, because if that idiot Kim Taehyung's started a fire then Jeongguk's going to follow him into the deepest pits of hell. He strides towards. the door and yanks it open, disgruntled and a lot more than annoyed, to see Taehyung standing right outside his door, smiling sheepishly.

"I think I burned something," is the first thing that comes out of the older's mouth, and Jeongguk considers punching Taehyung in the face, but he holds himself back. He'd been avoiding the older man like the plague after he'd been caught at the cemetery last week, and this is not how he'd wanted their next meeting to go.

"You think you burned something," Jeongguk deadpans, crossing his arms. Taehyung's face flushes in embarrassment.

"There's no fire or anything and I don't want the fire department to end up coming for no reason because nothing's actually burning and I--"

"Just shut up and let me fix this," Jeongguk interrupts, voice harsh. Taehyung recoils a bit, before nodding and scurrying back into his own apartment. Jeongguk strides in, not even looking around,. because if he's right, the alarm should be in the same place as his own.

He walks into the hall where a small white disk is blinking red, and he reaches up to press the. button at the center. Immediately the sharp noises stop, and the silence is almost deafening.

Jeongguk turns, exasperated and ready to scold Taehyung, when he notices the older man visibly staring at his chest. He's quiet for a moment, considering this observation, and allows himself to be just a bit pleased that his body could have such an effect on the Taehyung, before he crosses. his arms over his chest.

Taehyung's eyes flash with disappointment, before he glances up at the younger sheepishly.

"What the hell were you trying to do?" Jeongguk asks, voice frigid.

Taehyung laughs nervously. I should have hired a cook, he thinks, because his first attempt at. making a meal has obviously gone down the drain.

"I was... boiling water..."

"You managed to burn water?" Jeongguk asks, eyes narrowing.
Taehyung splutters. "I put it in the microwave in this really cute plastic bowl to--"

"Amazing," Jeongguk scoffs, eyes widening in amazement. A plastic bowl . "You are really something, Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung's face burns under Jeongguk's judgemental eyes. "I didn't know--"

"Yes, well it seems like there's a lot of things you don't seem to know," Jeongguk shoves past. him to walk to the door. Taehyung considers kicking the wall. "Oh, and Taehyung ssi--"