60

Number crunching is a b**ch

Taehyung wakes up warm, though a bit constrained. He musters up the willpower to open his eyes and look around, making to shove the sheets away from him. But then he registers that he's not in his bed.

He's not in his bed and these aren't sheets that are threatening to suffocate him. Its Jeongguks arms that are wrapped around him, pulling his body so impossibly close like he's terrified Taehyung will leave at any moment.

The back of Taehyungs eyes burn.

He manages to extricate one of his hands, and very slowly reaches out to touch Jeongguks face.

There's a lump in Taehyungs throat, growing larger as he tries to wrap his mind around the situation. Jeongguk asleep is contradiction-- he looks so young, and in that moment, he really does look all of twenty six. He's relaxed, his lips stick out in a pout, and he just looks like a baby.

But as Taehyung runs his fingers along Jeongguks jaw, he meets with the roughness of stubble.

Jeongguk licks his lips in his sleep, and his adams apple bobs with the action, making Taehyung look down the column of his neck, seeing the traces of black and red ink on skin. It makes his body burn.

Right then, Jeongguk shifts, and Taehyung, panicking, stills in his arms, shutting his eyes and willing himself to breathe evenly to feign sleep.

He can almost feel Jeongguk waking up, and his heart jackhammers against his ribs, wondering how Jeongguk will react, now that it's morning, now that he's had time to decide whether he's glad or regretful.

Jeongguks body tenses, and Taehyung tries not to move.

"Wha--"Jeongguks voice is low, rough with sleep, and so quiet that Taehyung barely hears him.

Taehyung expects to be jolted awake. He expects Jeongguk to shoot out of bed, screaming (maybe no on the second part). He expects to be pushed away, because that's what happens with them. A constant game of push and pull where they take two steps forward and one step back.

Taehyung would be a fool to think things in the morning could go so smoothly.

But Jeongguk still hasn't moved yet, frozen in his disbelief, so Taehyung takes it into his own hands. He makes a low, sleepy noise and squirms closer, snuggling into jeongguks embrace and tangling their legs together. He makes a lazy noise of content and stills.

"Oh god." Jeongguks voice wavers, thick with longing, arms tightening around Taehyung's frame, and for a moment, Taehyung can't process it, he can't believe that just happened.

Taehyung feels Jeongguk press his lips to his hair, slowly, like he's terrified Taehyung might wake up and realize.

Taehyung lets Jeongguk stroke his hair for a minute, basking in the innocent, genuine touches, but then, his glee becomes too much too hold in, and he can't pretend anymore, so he opens his eyes.

Jeongguk doesn't realize at first, too caught up with memorizing the slopes of Taehyungs face. But then he meets Taehyungs gaze, even and expecting.

He can only blink owlishly back.

"Good morning Jeonggukie," Taehyung says, voice laden with amusement, and then it hits Jeongguk (like a freight train, but perhaps more painful) that Taehyung had probably been awake the whole time.

"Holy fuck-- "Jeongguk all put flies out of the bed, scrambling away in embarrassment, and he falls to the floor with a great thud. Except that one of his legs is still tangled in the sheets, and half his body dangles off the edge.