1.

Welcome readers! Let me start off by thanking you for choosing this book! This book was written nearly three and a half years ago now, and as of January 2022, I will be editing the hell out of it! If you are a new reader, the plot will not change but the quality of writing will!

Disclaimer: this story will feature drugs, alcohol, sexual content and vulgar language. Any chapters that include sex scenes will be starred as a warning.
I recommend that you be at least 18 to read this but don't worry- I won't hunt you down if you're not.

My eyes opened suddenly but slowly, noticing that the sun was kissing my skin through the blinds. I groaned to myself as I realized what time it was, the morning had crept up on me much faster than I had anticipated. I rustled around my white bedsheets as I stretched my limbs, hoping to have a fresh start to my day. As my body adjusted to the feeling of being awake and alert, the first thing that I had noticed was the smell of bacon. A smile immediately crept onto my face and I hadn't been awake for more than three whole minutes. I urgently removed the white covers from my body, losing the warm feeling that was once wrapped around my skin. As soon as my toes touched the floor, I wasted no time in running towards the kitchen of my apartment.

Despite feeling slightly groggy, the smell of fresh bacon was quite a way to wake my senses up. As I approached the kitchen, the first thing that I saw was my roommate Emily who was flipping the bubbling bacon with a pair of tongs. Her head flipped to the side eagerly once she had noticed my presence, causing her to send a toothless smile my way. Emily was considerate, she often chose doing things for other people over doing things for herself, it was a trait that was beautiful but also hard on her. She was the perfect roommate, I never had found something bad to say about her throughout our time together. I returned the smile to Emily, attempting to give off the impression that I had been awake for at least thirty minutes, but she knew me too well.

"Good morning" Emily chirps, turning her attention back towards the bacon that sizzled in the pan before her. As much as I had wanted Emily to believe that I had been awake and productive, she knew me well enough to realize that I am not a morning person.

"Good morning to you as well, this smells amazing" I smile towards her, admiring how attentive that she is while also allowing the smell of bacon to enter my nostrils.

I have shared my hatred for early mornings, my absolute love for bacon, and my appreciation towards my roommate, but there is much more to me than just those things. My name is Lucie Stevenson, I am twenty-two years old and I have been living in Brooklyn, New York, for nearly two years now. I spend most of my time working or taking online college courses, which isn't the most exciting life. Although I am in college courses, I haven't exactly found my calling yet; however I do strive to find a career that fits me best. Currently I am a waitress at one of Brooklyn's finest nightclubs, it has been the best way to pay my bills despite the crazy hours, and actually it is a fun job especially when dealing with the public.