28

It was currently just about eleven o' clock at night, as I sat in the nearest twenty four hour diner

It was currently just about eleven o' clock at night, as I sat in the nearest twenty four hour diner. My mind was still frazzled based off of the events from the past twelve hours. Considering the rugged bathroom incident that occurred earlier, I had a lot of emotions that were stuck into my brain.

Lucie and I's relationship was definitely toxic, but it's the best form of a relationship that I've had throughout my entire life and I can swear on that.
I was angry when I saw her before, because just when I started to care about her- She left.
After seeing her come to her senses, I really did think that it was too late, Until Amanda practically gave us the go ahead.

Lucie sips her coffee as I do with mine, We stare back at one another without even saying much of anything. I know earlier we had a moment, and we fought but it's because when we fight that we also love, and we do it hard. I'm definitely not saying that I'm in love in any way, shape or form.

"I'm sorry, for ruining what you had with her" She coughs, breaking our silence. I sigh for a moment realizing that now is the time that we will have this conversation, it needed to happen I suppose.

"She was right, it was all for fun when we both were lonely. She is an amazing girl as you can tell, outstanding character, but nobody can compare to you" I admit, allowing myself to feel for the first time since she had left. Her eyes light up at my statement.

"Did you quit.." She mumbles, either referring to cigarettes or my career choice.

"Quit? Quit what?" I asked, needing the confirmation.

"Dealing, did you disassociate yourself" she whispers. I knew this subject would've come up sooner or later.

"I did, Once Rio was gone it just didn't feel right anymore. Plus my injury didn't help me much either.  I ended up getting a real job, something that I am sure you'd be happy with" I explain.

"Moving on, Why did you practically give up?" She asks, continuing the hard conversation.

"Because it was the closest to loving you that I could do. You didn't want to hear me out, You didn't even want to stay with me" I sigh, trying not to fall into an argument. We both tried to keep this conversation calm and collected.

"I really just wish it could've been different, I wish we could've started over" She says, as she looks down again.

"Who said we couldn't?" I ask, beginning to grow confused as to why she thought that it wasn't an option.

"Well, Nobody did but I just figured that it was too much history" she mumbles while looking down at her fingers.

"If I could give you the absolute world right now Lucie, I would. We just can't immediately pick up where we left off" I explain, reasonably.