*26*

The day of the rehearsal dinner was here! Our bridesmaids dresses had been fitted and I absolutely loved them

Our bridesmaids dresses had been fitted and I absolutely loved them. They were tight fitted, silky light pink gowns with a sheer lace train.

Tonight was the rehearsal dinner, and I couldn't be more excited about it. We had been preparing all day for this night, and it was just around the corner. Everything looked beautiful, and I was so happy for my brother and his soon to be wide.

Georgia insisted that we all come to the event wearing something classy, but not anywhere close to what we would be wearing on the wedding day. In fact, the wedding was only weeks away.

It was currently 5:30pm, and everyone would be piling into the event at 6:15 which meant we had to run as fast as we can to make sure the food was all set. The scariest thing above all, was seeing my mother and father after so long, they don't really know that I have been living with Jon and gotten myself into a new career choice.

I really did cut off contact from the world including my family after Rio's death. I've learned to deal with it better, but catch myself having weak moments here and there. I was excited to see my parents, but my mother was a whole different breed of woman. She was proper, and high maintenance.

When we arrived at the venue, there were many tables inside that surrounded the wooden floorboards. Sculptures and hanging lights were around every possible corner. The buffet was even better, this was basically a rundown of the wedding and I was so excited to walk down the aisle with Joe of all people.

Jon comes up behind me and startles me a bit which causes me to jump. He begins to whisper in my ear
"Look behind you, smile, and wave" He warns me. I knew exactly what he meant and put on my happy face the moment that I turned around.

"Mom!" I squeal, plastering the fake smile onto my face. I loved my mother, but as I said previously- She was very judgmental.

"Lucie darling! Oh my god" She yelps, swarming me with hugs and holding onto me so tightly.

"What did you do to your hair?" She raises her lip in disapproval as she pulls away.

"It's called bleach, Mother! Nice to see you as well, considering it's been what? A year and a half?" I say.

"You never call Lucie! I had to hear about your new job through your brother" My mother scolds me. I did feel bad about keeping them out of the loop, but I didn't want to get into the details of sadness that I went through.

"I can't believe that my Jonny is getting married! Lucie, it's about to be your turn! You're going to get old and my grand babies will be impure" she scoffs.