10.

My eyes struggled to stay open as I stared at the television, I was trying to find every reason to stay awake but my only reason was that my favorite show was on

My eyes struggled to stay open as I stared at the television, I was trying to find every reason to stay awake but my only reason was that my favorite show was on. Emily remained snuggled into a blanket wrapped around her frame as her body sunk into the couch. She looked peaceful, meanwhile I was still irritated from my run-in with Chris earlier. I pulled my blankets closer to me and decided to attempt to close my eyes, I needed to sleep and I knew that, but falling asleep was much harder than wanting to. Nearly five minutes into my attempt, my phone began to profusely buzz. I didn't care who was calling me but the damn buzzing was vibrating off of the coffee table.

I groaned quietly so that I wouldn't wake Emily, and opened my eyes before reaching over the coffee table for my phone. I flipped the button to turn my ringer off and sighed to myself as I looked at the contact that was appearing on my screen. Christopher fucking Belmont was calling me at nearly one thirty in the morning, and his string of drunk messages followed closely behind the phone call. After tonight I am positive that Chris should be a past mistake that I choose to forget, but unfortunately for me.. he is always right next door and a drunk text message away. I opened my phone hesitantly and clicked on his contact, beginning to scan every confusing message.

Chris- Are you awake?
Chris- Come over, I want to fuck you
Chris- I just fucked someone else, I can't even really call it that but she isn't you
Chris- I promise it'll be worth it

My blood began to boil with rage that I never knew existed, who the hell does this man really think he is? I knew that Chris and I weren't an item, and I knew that our situation wouldn't ever lead to anything, but his messages irked me. I didn't want to be an object, I deserved to be so much more than that but he viewed me as a damn sex toy. After having such an amazing night with Patrick, I knew exactly what I had to do. I quietly and lightly removed the blankets from around my body and tiptoed away from the couch. Thankfully Emily had been sleeping for over an hour, so she didn't seem in a rush to wake up again. I crept out of the apartment and began to bolt towards Chris's door, ready to unleash my rage.

I slammed my fists against his door, not giving a damn if I had woken up the entire third floor of civilians. I couldn't understand how Chris could think that kissing someone is warranted to slut-shame, but then when he screws another woman it is just natural. Maybe the jealously was coming to the surface, but that is exactly why I needed to end this before my emotions grow deeper. I continued to slam my fists against the door, until he finally opened the door with a look of complete confusion. His eyebrows furrowed and a scowl appeared on his face as he watched my angry expression.

"Why the hell are you being so damn loud?" He seethed, he looked around the hallways to the apartment almost as if he had expected to see someone else.

"The double standards inside of your head is baffling! I shared a kiss with another man and get shamed, but you fuck another woman and praise yourself?" I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest as my anger continued to rise.