3.

Tonight was yet another night of dressing to impress and working to the best of my ability to be able to afford monthly rent

Tonight was yet another night of dressing to impress and working to the best of my ability to be able to afford monthly rent. I work at a club called The Lounge, most of the customers were men and women who enjoyed a luxurious evening of fine dining and flashing lights. I would be lying myself if I said that I didn't enjoy the scene of luxury, my job was the perfect way to end my days and give me a small amount of fun. Although the job itself is great, the hours on the other hand aren't the best in the world. I usually take on the shifts that run from seven o'clock at night, to nearly two thirty in the morning, which can become draining at times.

My days usually pass by quite quickly, with the realization that on weekends I always have to work late nights, I try to be productive during the daytime. Emily, my roommate, has a day job that usually runs from nine in the morning to five at night. Emily does our household chores on the weekends while I take over that duty during the week to take the load off of her late days. Our schedules contradict more than we would like them to, especially when we are still college students who are trying to do their best in the city. Currently I am taking business classes at a community college in downtown Brooklyn, I haven't quite found my passion but a business degree can only help me in the future.

The time was now six-thirty, which meant that I only had less than thirty minutes to get myself prepared for a long night at work. Dressing to impress is my most favorite things about the job that I have but it also can be the most time consuming before a shift. The better that you portray yourself, the higher that your tip rate is likely to be. The one downside that I could think of about my job is that I have to walk through the side streets of Brooklyn while dressed in nothing more than a cocktail dress. Emily and I couldn't afford to co-pay for our own car yet, and taxi services can become too pricey, so unfortunately I have no other options.

I quickly threw a red mini dress over my body that I had buried in my closet for a nice occasion, placed my feet inside of some silver heels, and ran out of the door as quick as I possibly could. The time had flown by, it was now six-forty-five, and the walk is easily a twenty minute walk, which left me with the only option of taking the bus during rush hour. I didn't mind taking the bus, but the energy was a bit too unsafe for me but it was better than walking alone at night. The bus ride was thankfully quite quick, ten minutes of staring out of the window had flown by. The bus finally came to a halt and all that I could see was the flashing lights that came from the top floor of The Lounge.

I pushed my way through the sea of people who also were exiting the bus, hearing my glittery heels clack against the pavement. I took a deep breath in as I began to feel anxious, I looked the part for a rich woman, but I also looked as if I was a broke college student. I then realized that the thousands of faces that passed me each day didn't know my life story. To them I was nothing more than a passing glance, but to the men and women inside of The Lounge, I was a prize that they could be lucky enough to impress. I swallowed my own insecurities and strutted towards the building, leaving my own self doubt back at the bus stop.