24

-ONE YEAR LATER-

-ONE YEAR LATER-

"Wake up! It's been 10 hours already!" I groan as I hear banging at my door, fists and yelling are not the thing to wake up to on a lovely Thursday morning.

I check my phone to see the time and it is in fact only 10:30AM. I sigh, and roll my eyes to myself before getting out of my bed and opening the door abruptly.

"What! Jonathan!" I yell, trying to be menacing because I truly hate being woken up. Especially by his fists pounding on my door.

"I have laundry to do woman! Get up already, damn! Don't you have a shoot or something? You look like you died and came back to life" He teases me, he really loves to make fun of me. Oh how I didn't miss his insults, unfortunately that was a complete lie.

"My shoot is at 1:00, so I have plenty of time" I groan, falling back onto the bed while he makes as much noise as he can doing his laundry as humanly possible.

"I don't understand how you can sleep this much, Georgia made some breakfast if you're hungry" he sings before going back up the stairs.

"Be right up!" I reply, being thankful for the kindness that both him and Georgia have given me.

It has been a whole year and honestly I feel like a new person! My hair is blonde, nails are longer, and emotions are stronger. Ever since Emily left, I didn't have much contact with her via text or Skype, we both parted and it was kind of saddening. After she did leave though, my brother so kindly allowed me to move in with him and his soon to be wife Georgia for a while, and yes I am paying rent.

They gave me the basement as long as they can still use it for big events, laundry, and to chill out with me sometimes. It has a bathroom luckily, and a fridge and freezer which is even better, but most basements have those as well.

Sleeping in the basement isn't that bad, other than hearing everyone's feet in the morning and getting woken up when Jon wants to do his laundry so early. I moved to Queens, New York which was even more city-like than Brooklyn. Thankfully Jon found a nice neighborhood to buy a nice, big house for him and Georgia, and well.... me

My modeling is basically my full time job now, I get to pick the hours I would like to do shoots and it's amazing. I'm making more money and have been adding it into a savings account alongside the money that Rio left for me. I just recently turned 23, and it has been a wild experience for sure. I made new friends and connections, but was within driving distance from Brooklyn if I ever wanted to see anyone from my past.

*A/N to clear this up before comments get blown up, she was 21 last year but just had a birthday that I didn't write about, along with Chris who was turning 23 when they went to New Mexico but he will now be 24, thanks!*