15

When Rio killed Marshall, A bomb was set off when the Mexican Cartel found out about what he had done

When Rio killed Marshall, A bomb was set off when the Mexican Cartel found out about what he had done. Not only did he kill Marshall to make it look like a suicide, he stole all of his money. At first I had gained a strong hatred for Rio, because he took away the man who paid my bills. After finding out that Marshall was a conniving and self righteous man, I learned that Rio had done me a favor in the long run.

The men of The Cartel that Rio worked with became untrusting of his intentions, and were unsettled due to his betrayal on one of their best distributors. They couldn't allow someone to live after he killed the man who completed the biggest sales for their business. I knew that this would bite us in the ass at some point, but I hoped it would've taken a bit longer.

Tonight I had planned on bringing Lucie with me to dinner to knock out an apology for being so disassociated. I figured that I could fix the divide between the two of us, all while meeting with Mr.Cortez. Of course, neither of those things went to plan as soon as the man arrived at the table. Lucie and I actually connected at the beginning of our dinner, and I somehow felt bad about it. I led her to believe that this was more than it was, which made me feel guilty. Rio insisted that Lucie should have no idea about the meeting because she would only say no. We needed a woman to act as my wife for the night, and what better woman to do it than her?

The real Harry and Francesca were pistol whipped and locked in their hotel room supply closet. While we intended to get through the dinner, they would have missed the opportunity to meet with Mr.Cortez. What we needed the most, was information regarding who was sent to kill Rio. Surely with the death of a man like Marshall, they took it as Rio betraying one of his own.

The reason that shots were fired inside of the restaurant was because one of Mr.Cortez's men saw Rio, who was acting as a bar customer to blend in. We should've known that Mr.Cortez would've come with backup incase things went south. They recognized Rio immediately and shots lit up the entire restaurant. When I went outside to find Lucie, Rio had made sure to shoot his men before taking Cortez into interrogation.

The cartel had to start over because of Rio, they had plenty of drugs being made but nobody to distribute anymore. The other guys who worked with me under Marshall's hand, had been forced to relocate where there was other well known distributors. We needed to make peace and give them their money before we lose our source of income. Right before I met Lucie outside, Rio made sure to shoot his men so that I could make a run for it with Lucie. Rio had decided to take matters into his own hands, by torturing Mr.Cortez into giving him the list of men who were sent to kill him. I hoped that he would have all of the answers that we needed by the end of the night. It would only be a matter of time until more people came looking for us.

The car ride was completely silent, the only sound running through our ears was the sound of the engine. Lucie hadn't spoken a single word to me, and I could tell how hurt and displeased she was. I led her to believe that we were going on a date tonight, and as much as I would have liked to tell her the truth, Rio suggested that we didn't. I understood why she was angry, but I wished that she could communicate with me so that we could settle the main issue.