38

My vision was all over the place, considering I just got shot two times

My vision was all over the place, considering I just got shot two times. I thought it was over with, I thought I was done for. I can barely hear lucie's screams and when I can, I make out the only two words that seemed to pull my mind back to life.

When I heard her say those words it's almost as if I came back to life, I pushed her off of me and could only then start telling her to run. I didn't need for her to lose her life for my own mistakes, Especially after hearing that it wasn't just her life now.

Just as I held onto Lucie's hand, I finally saw the blue lights and swat cars coming towards us and blocking us all in. Guns blazing, Rio was firing at the cops and they were firing back.

"You were family Lucie!" He screams at Lucie, while she finally ducks herself down and runs towards the paramedics. I felt myself gasping from the pain, I wanted to get up, but it was like fire running through both of my legs.

A gunshot hitting flesh is all I can hear before my world begins to fade even more than I thought. I needed to get up so that I would make it out of this alive.  Rio's last dying wish would to be to avenge those who wronged him.

"Up! Now! Let's go!" An officer shouts while holding onto me, trying to get me up during this entire scene, but I could barely move. Rio and his 3 men were all shot, while two looked to be killed on sight. Rio and one man were left standing, but now with bullet wounds and cuffs around their wrists.

The loss of blood wasn't doing me any good as I was trying to stand, but then I unfortunately passed out.
Everything turned black and I could only hope that my girl was okay, along with the life growing inside of her that I was oblivious to.

-LUCIE-

I was crying in the back seat of a cop car while Chris was being transported to the nearest hospital. The cops waited too long and now there was bullet wounds and body bags. I wish that I didn't have to turn on someone that I loved more than anything, but I had to do it for me- For my family.

Rio had gotten shot, while also being taken to a hospital. I could only pray that he went away to jail and maybe a long time from now, I could forgive him. I never would've wished this on him had he kept in contact, or not shot the man that I loved- But sometimes the way you hope for things to work out doesn't always happen..

"You did a good thing, I know the outcome wasn't ideal honey. You could've lost someone today and the only person that was lost, was the one you thought you already did" A female officer came to console me.

"I just never would've imagined that this is how I would feel after seeing him again, I thought that he loved me" I looked down, while trying to catch my breath.