7.

Light peeked through my curtains, the feeling of a warm blanket nuzzled engulfed body, and a slight hangover was forming the longer that my eyes were open

Light peeked through my curtains, the feeling of a warm blanket nuzzled engulfed body, and a slight hangover was forming the longer that my eyes were open. I groaned to myself, I hadn't thought that I drank as much as I did last night, but this is just my luck. I roll out of bed and feel a sudden breeze from removing the blankets, my body shivered as I walked to grab a bathrobe from it's hanger. As soon as my body began to move too quickly, I began to feel the repercussions to my actions of last night. I stopped in my tracks as I felt a small aching in my pelvis, the sexual encounter last night clearly did me in. I then noticed two small bruises that made themselves noticeable on my wrists, fuck!

I was never the type of person who enjoyed rough sex, I preferred to be safe rather than sorry. In this case, what I had felt last night was so unpredictable and thrilling that I must've lost sight of my morals. After retrieving the bathrobe and wrapping it around my cold body, I picked my phone from my off of my nightstand. I tried to screw my head on straight as I made my way out to the kitchen where I could hear Emily clattering pots and pans. I had an idea that Emily knew where I was last night, but thankfully by the time that I had stumbled through the door she was already asleep. Although a one night stand isn't an embarrassment, getting immediately kicked out was.

"Good morning, what time did you get home?" Emily asks me instantly, I didn't even get a chance to look up from my phone before she began bombarding me with questions.

"Uh, I'm not sure" I shook my head, it wasn't a lie in the slightest. I had no real perception of time after I had left Chris's apartment, I was too frazzled to notice.

Emily didn't push me with any more questions which I was grateful for, but I knew that she knew exactly what happened. My face was glued into my phone as Emily mixed up pancake batter, this would be our first breakfast in the new apartment, So I'm sure that she wanted to make it special for us. I began replying to emails and old text messages from last night as I sat myself down at the breakfast bar. My most recent text message was from Rio at nearly two-thirty in the morning, which caused me to raise my eyebrows in confusion. Once I had clicked the message, all of our conversation came flooding back to me, Rio was going to be here in nearly thirty minutes.

"Shit, uh- Emily, Rio will be here in about thirty minutes and I completely forgot that I invited him over here" I groaned, pressing my hand to my forehead as I realized that I must have been more drunk than I thought last night.

"You're kidding?" Emily turns to face me, she looked defeated as she held a ladle in one hand. "Lucie, I look like this and you're telling me that Rio will be here in thirty minutes?" Emily asks again, she was seemingly stressed about her appearance.

Here's the thing, Emily and Rio had met on one occasion, that occasion being when Rio had originally given us the opportunity to live at a place like this. Emily became quite smitten with Rio and anyone with eyes could see that, and honestly I could say that Rio was taken with her as well. Emily wasn't the type of girl who really tried to impress men often, she honestly was so good at being herself and likable at the same time. With Rio, Emily wanted to impress him and I didn't quite understand why but I wasn't opposed to them giving things a go. Emily seemed happy with him, and I wanted nothing but the best for her.