46

It was about 6:00, and I was almost ready to leave, Chris wouldn't tell me where we were going and honestly I was glad, I like surprises

It was about 6:00, and I was almost ready to leave, Chris wouldn't tell me where we were going and honestly I was glad, I like surprises. I think we needed to get back into the swing of things in order to give our child a good life.

"You look beautiful" He says as he sees me putting on my other eyelash.

"As if, I look like I'm ready to pop" I chuckle, as I place it along my lash line.

"That's what makes you beautiful" He smiles, trying to compliment me as best as he can.

"Oh jeez I hope not" I chuckle again.

"Ready to go?" He asks, as I send a nod his way.

We get into the car and the drive was short, only 20 minutes, and our destination was beautiful. A restaurant with outdoor dining and a beautiful waterfall behind it. Of course he went all out, I wasn't complaining of course.

Walking in, I felt like everything was perfect, I knew I had to get over what happened and deal with it, considering I chose to be with him.

We sat down and were given our menus, and of course I didn't drink, but I happily ordered a Sparkling water, which came with a nice tall glass to make me feel like It was alcoholic at least.

"So, are you happy?" He asks me as we sip our drinks.

"Actually Chris, I am. I want to apologize, I know that what you did wasn't good, but you told me, and I know I needed space, but I'm glad we took that space to bring us closer together. I want to move forward, and give our daughter a good life" I say.
He looks as if there are tears forming in his eyes but he quickly wipes them away.

"Don't apologize, please. Me too Lucie, we needed this, and I'm so thankful that you are giving me a chance to prove that I'm worth it" he smiles.

"I love you" I say, finding room in my heart to open up and let him back in. This wouldn't work if I closed him off after agreeing to make it work.

"And I love you" He replies while grabbing my hand and giving it a light squeeze.

Our food came after 20 minutes of laughing and making conversation, and drowning in the fact that we can hold each other's hands again. This felt right even though it was moving very fast back into things. I knew that we had to at least try, Things happen and I need to come to terms with it.

"This looks amazing" I moan, ready to dig into the food so fast. I ordered pasta per usual because it's my favorite, a chicken Marsala, that looked rather sexy honestly.