14.

Last night, Emily ended up returning home at around eight o' clock

Last night, Emily ended up returning home at around eight o' clock. She wasn't aware of what happened during her departure, and luckily she wasn't there to witness it. Apparently she had gotten called into work last minute yesterday, and conveniently forgot to text me about Patrick's surprise appearance. She apologized for hours, but she didn't need to, it wasn't something that she could have expected to happen.

Patrick completely cut me off after last night. He did everything that people do after breakups, which felt a bit too harsh considering we work together. He removed me from his social media, deleted the one picture that we had posted together, and I think that he also blocked my phone number. I didn't have much else to say to him other than apologize, and he didn't even want to hear it. I understood his reasonings and then realized that it just wasn't meant to be.

This morning, I decided to upload the pictures from yesterday onto my computer. Surprisingly, Chris didn't do as terrible of a job as I thought that he did. I decided between at least five different pictures, hoping that they would be enough for the portfolio. I finished the outline and made sure that everything was perfect. Finally it was ready to send, so I clicked a button and the portfolio was magically sent to Georgia's father.

Just as a smile crept onto my face, Emily waltzed into our apartment with grocery bags hanging from her arms. She stared at me and her eyebrows furrowed. I couldn't understand why she was giving me that look, but I then remembered that I was wearing sweatpants from four years ago, and a sports bra with peanut butter stains on it. So yes, I looked out of character, in fact I felt it too.

"Why do you look like you just ended a five year relationship?" She snickered as she placed the bags into the counter. "I thought that you were thinking of ending things with Pat anyways" Emily pointed out.

"I was, but I still feel terrible for not doing it sooner— if I had, he wouldn't have walked into my apartment with the ability to make assumptions" I shrugged.

"Come on, you didn't like him that much, I could tell" She stares at me again. "What is really bothering you?" She asks, knowing that I couldn't have been this bothered by the situation.

I sighed. "Chris, I just- Ugh!" I groaned at the thought of him.

"And there it is" She points her finger to the ceiling as she knew that she was right.

As soon as I took a deep breath, my phone chimed, indicating that I had gotten a text message. I checked to see that Chris was asking for me to come to his apartment. Of course, I couldn't have one day without Chris's confusion tactics. I groaned again and got up from the couch without bothering to change clothes. I didn't care how he viewed me right now, especially not after his antics from yesterday.