36

Chris never came back to the hotel that night, and I've been watching the shitty scheduled programs for hours now

Chris never came back to the hotel that night, and I've been watching the shitty scheduled programs for hours now. If I had a wish, it would be to get away from the hustling and drugs, especially with my career. Of course if I got away from all of this, it would be getting away from Chris, which is something that I didn't intend on doing.

My phone began to buzz, interrupting my somewhat addicting soap opera. I groan and see it is my mother and not Christopher. I answer the phone hesitantly wondering what it could be that she needed.

"Yes mom?" I say into the phone while pausing my show. I tried not to worry about Chris whilst talking to my mother, but it was inevitable.

"Honey! I need you to come to our hotel right now, A man is here looking for you and your boyfriend. He has some questions and needed to speak with you" She says frantically.

To cover up some loose ends, My parents originally were supposed to come to New York next week for Jon's birthday. Instead, they insisted on helping Chris and I with our move in which was a nice gesture. They had been staying in a hotel now for a little while because they didn't want to stress Jon or Georgia with their presence.

"Um, Do you mean a cop is at your hotel room mom?" I begin to get frantic as well, what if the cops are looking for him?

"Please just come over" She sighs, not giving me any indication of who was looking for Chris.

"I'm on my way" I begin to say as I forgot that Chris took the only car that we had. By the looks of it, I had to Uber to my mothers hotel I suppose. If Chris arrived back and wondered where I was, I would be happy to tell him that the cops were questioning my mother.

Within the next 45 minutes it took to maneuver the New York traffic and get my Uber to the hotel, Chris was already texting me as to why I left, and I decided to leave out the fact that there may be a potential cop in my mothers hotel living room asking questions about him, because I knew that he would try to come there which didn't seem like the best option.

I finally had arrived at the hotel, and knock on the door of her room frantically. She immediately opened it and urges me to come in.

"Hi sweetie, Come in please" She says, before leading me into the living area where a very well put together man is sitting on the couch enjoying what looks to be a cup of coffee.

"Hi! You must be Lucie" He stands up, and offers a hand for a handshake that I hesitantly offer.

"Yes, Hello! And you are?" I ask but give him a confused smile. I tried not to overthink things but I couldn't help myself.