27

Georgia places a cup of tea down on the table in front of me while sitting down herself, She is staring at me intently waiting for me to explain what had happened tonight

Georgia places a cup of tea down on the table in front of me while sitting down herself, She is staring at me intently waiting for me to explain what had happened tonight. She wasn't upset, but I knew that she had an idea of what went down.

"I'm not quite understanding the correlation you have with my best friends boyfriend Luce.."  she sighs, trying to listen to my side of the story.

We arrived home an hour ago, and I left on my own beforehand so that I didn't have to face any further embarrassment. The worst part about this is that none of my family knew Chris existed, they didn't know I was seeing anyone because It never got to that point.

"It's a long story" I say with sipping my tea.
She looks up at me as if she doesn't give a damn how long this will take.

"I can stay up all night, hit me with it" She then leans back in her chair and begins to listen.

"My roommate at the time, Emily, and I moved into a new building with the help of an old friend, a rich old friend. Chris and I met and he was the biggest asshole I could've ever imagined meeting, but he was the hottest and the most up front, and I loved it. He didn't want to date anyone so I respected it, and then we ended up casually hooking up for a few months until real feelings got involved, as they always do. We dated for only about 10 days or so until one of my friends passed away, and it took my mind away from the relationship. I left and moved here and I haven't seen him since" I explained, while leaving out all of the drug dealer details.

Georgia sighed while rubbing her temple and started laughing for a second and I couldn't tell why she was laughing. I was concerned considering she was trying to listen but ended up laughing at me clearly laughable struggles

"How should I go about this now?" She asks herself as she continues laughing.

"I mean, they're not serious are they?" I ask, slightly wanting to know more information on their relationship.

"No, If they were serious after 3 weeks then I'd be surprised, clearly you two have unfinished business that needs some addressing girl" she finishes laughing and tells me.

"But I'm not so sure that I want to deal with our unfinished business. I feel like it should just be finished business at this point" I sigh, not really knowing how I was supposed to feel.

"Luce, I know it's wrong of me to say this considering he is technically dating my best friend- but guys act like that for the girls they feel the most towards" She says with sympathy, and begins rubbing her fingers on my hand as a sign of comfort.

"What do I do?" I ask her, hoping for advice only a real good sister-in-law can provide.

"You clearly have to have a conversation, I mean hell- You already screwed him so how much worse can it get?" She chuckles.