6. (R)

After an entire day of reorganizing, renovating and perfecting our new home, Emily and I were only a quarter of where we needed to be

After an entire day of reorganizing, renovating and perfecting our new home, Emily and I were only a quarter of where we needed to be. We had spent hours upon hours moving furniture until we had found it's perfect position, but both of us were extremely indecisive. The time was nearing nine o'clock at night, and we were quite tired of moving things and decided to take a break. We had looked into the brochure of the complex twenty minutes ago and learned that it included all of their amenities, and thankfully for us there was a bar that remained open until eleven.

In the span of twenty minutes, Emily and I wasted no time in changing into semi-decent outfits and running to the elevator. Our new life felt luxurious and risky, but yet we had no idea of that risks that were to come. The bar was small but it was definitely a cute place, the lighting was dim and many tables scattered the room. Although this wasn't a nightclub it would save both Emily and myself the hassle of finding a taxi to get to a club. This was exactly what we needed, fun without any worries, and drinks without any limits because all that we needed to do was walk upstairs when we were ready for bed.

"And do you remember that time when you accidentally flushed your underwear down the toilet when you were drunk?" Emily cackled towards me, her drink nearly spilled from her hand as she tilted her tipsy body. "I think you're about to do it again tonight" She snorted.

Again, it had only been twenty minutes but Emily and I had one hell of a day, and we deserved all of the drinks that we were buying. We had begun telling stories from the moment that we arrived, we weren't actively looking for a one night stand or make attention, and that was why I was having so much fun tonight. We let loose and didn't intend on finding anything special, especially in the bar of our own building. Despite how loud Emily was shouting my embarrassing secrets, I was having so much fun and I wouldn't bother denying that.

"Lower your voice!" I hissed sarcastically, I lightly slapped her shoulder out of pure embarrassment because people around us could very obviously hear our conversation.

"I'm just messing with you, Luce" Emily shakes her head as a large smile appears on her face.  She lets out a heavy sigh as she caught her breath, and instantly inside of her drunken mind she focused on a new subject. "Am I drunk or did I not notice how attractive the bartender is until now?" She says aloud, and I think she knew the correct answer to her own question.

I laughed to myself, watching as Emily sipped her drink swiftly before standing up from her seat. Her feet touched the floor and her body swayed but Emily didn't have a care in the entire world. She blew me a small kiss as she charged towards the other end of the bar where the bartender stood making drinks. Emily has always been confident and maybe that's why she doesn't get herself hurt. The more that I watched Emily, the more that I realized I needed to be like her. She holds herself with such high regard and just goes for what she wants regardless of who's watching. I couldn't help but watch her flirt with the bartender, I suppose that I needed advice.