37

I sit on the edge of the bed with tears in my eyes for multiple different reasons

I sit on the edge of the bed with tears in my eyes for multiple different reasons. My life was spiraling again, and I couldn't imagine how it went from being this good to this horrible. I was still practically unable to speak from the amount of shock that I was in. I threw up multiple times from the sadness that came to me after finding out that Rio let me believe that he was dead.

The door opened and Chris slides in quickly, expecting me to throw a lamp or something sharp towards his head. He was uneasy, and I didn't blame him one bit for being that way. I tried to compose myself, as I was attempting to pull the tears from my eyes.

"I am so, so sorry" He pleads, while looking at me with his hands out in front of him.

"You let me believe that Rio was dead" I sniffle but give him a laugh immediately after.

"Lucie, I promise you that I didn't know he was alive up until six months ago! At that point you and I weren't in each other's lives" he defended quickly.

"No, Stop talking! You let me believe that the one other person who I loved more than you, was dead?
For the last few months that we have been together you continued to let me think that he was dead?" I shake my head as my voice breaks.

"I needed the money! He reached out to me through a different phone number and a new name. We both needed each other's help and I took advantage of that!" He continues to defend himself but it wasn't working for me.

"Did you even have another job, or have you been doing this the entire time?" I ask, still not trying to give him a single glance.

"I- No, There was no other job" He sighs, finally letting his lies come to the surface.

"The cops are after you, and unless you help them find him, you're going to jail! Do you think I can handle that right now? I have a name to myself and I don't need headlines posted everywhere that my boyfriend is a fucking drug dealer!" I shout.

"Rio wants me dead now, because In his eyes I was a brother. I was mad that he hid his death from all of us, he put so much pain on you and I was so fucking mad! Of course him and I talked about it so I got over it, but I lost a shipment and he flipped a switch" He explains, as his voice began to break.

"I don't know if I want to kill you, hug you, or have sex with you! I'm almost about to break down" I laugh, I couldn't contain my laughter because as of right now, I would call this a breakdown.

"Lucie, this is serious! I'm so sorry for how things went down, I shouldn't have talked to you in a derogatory way yesterday. I just couldn't drag you into this again" He sighs.