11.

I huffed and stared at my surroundings, the disgustingly dirty, piss stained motel bed making me gag

I huffed and stared at my surroundings, the disgustingly dirty, piss stained motel bed making me gag. The windows were closed tightly, tight enough where not a single shred of light could shine through them. This isn't exactly how I had imagined my week to be going, but life throws things at us that we have to endure. All that I could do was wait, remain a sitting duck until I could find the right plan of action. I had been sitting inside of this disgusting motel for nearly five days now, I hadn't had any social interaction and I couldn't even leave to get a damn drink. I was alone with my thoughts and mistakes, but that wasn't what terrified me.

Things went south for me, quicker than I ever intended. My plan would have been perfect, I would have remained unseen and unscathed if it wasn't for one vital piece of the equation. Lucie's desires, her craving for love and lust was not only going to hurt her but it was going to ruin me. Christopher Belmont was Lucie's newest infatuation, and although I understood why, it severely fucked with my business. I hadn't spoken to Chris in years, we worked together in the past but we never truly saw eye to eye. I hadn't heard from him, seen his face, or learned of his whereabouts until Lucie had been caught tonguing the man who I despised.

I couldn't help but wonder if Chris knew something that he wasn't supposed to. The paranoia ran through my veins because why else would someone like Chris take a liking to my dearest Lucie? Of course I knew that Chris was still in New York over the years, and I also knew that he had turned into one of Marshall Wright's dogs, but I didn't know that the same building where I showed myself, he would be living inside. The moment my eyes met with Chris's, it was clear that he knew what I had done to his boss and he wanted to kill me for it. Chris was hungry for money and authority, but he didn't know that if he acted differently, with me he could receive both.

I met Lucie Stevenson when she was freshly eighteen years old, but as for myself I was close to twenty-two. When I first laid eyes on her, she looked broken and distraught for a reason that I never truly understood. A lost soul is often the perfect candidate for getting into a business like mine, someone who has nothing else to lose but so much to gain. I watched her for at least fifteen minutes while I waited for a client of mine at the fast food restaurant, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I had been searching for the right people to bring into this organization at the time and I swore that I had found the perfect person.

In my adolescent age with innocence and selflessness coursing through my blood, all that I wanted to do was please who I worked for. I was given the impression that if I recruited more dealers and grew our empire, then I would no longer be considered a distributor, I would become a kingpin in the eyes of my superiors. I always wanted to be the big man, but I was pushed and targeted in high school regarding my ethnicity, people constantly bullied me for the color of my skin. Once I tight rope climbed my way out of high school, I received a business degree that has ironically helped me in my current career field. The point is that I always wanted to be superior and powerful, and finally that is what I am.