21

I wake up the next morning alone, I figured ahead of time that I would've been considering it was a huge step for Chris to ask me to commit

I wake up the next morning alone, I figured ahead of time that I would've been considering it was a huge step for Chris to ask me to commit. Alongside sleeping in the same bed as me, and kissing me how normal couples do. He's doing a good job regardless of the small things and I almost am forgetting why we are here.

As I open my eyes, the scent of coffee becomes more apparent to my senses. I am smelling some damn good scents for just waking up, hopefully Chris will be making food because I would love that.

"Morning" I smile as I rise out of bed and look over to in fact see him, shirtless, reading something on his phone while drinking coffee.

"Good morning Luce, I have some coffee, and I brought back some muffins from the buffet downstairs" He says while still looking at his phone.
I groan, and get up from the comfort of this lovely hotel bed and walk over to him, blatantly not paying attention to me.

"Helllooo?" I say, while snapping my fingers close to his face to catch his attention.

"Huh?" He says while still looking down at the phone. Damn that phone, he better have a good reason for it.

I have a tank top on with some cheeky underwear and decide to get his attention and if that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what will.  I quickly put my legs over his and straddle him so that he can't look at the phone anymore.

"Lucie" He warns me, still attempting to not pay attention to me.

"Christopher" I mock him back, while continuously using up all of my attempts.

"You kill me" he sighs, giving in and putting his phone down while then grabbing my hips and pulling me closer towards him.

"Someone is needy" He sighs, while finally looking into my eyes.

"Someone is inattentive actually" I smile while giving him a quick kiss.

"I was busy" He responds, shutting me out again. I didn't care what he was looking at, I just wished he looked at me and I suppose he doesn't get it since he hasn't been involved with someone for a long time.

"Well, would you like to go out and do something today?" I ask him with my hands around his neck.

"Lucie this is business, Technically it's vacation but, I can't fool around and act like we aren't meeting with the fucking Cartel" He growls, as he pushes me off of his lap. I get up willingly, not wanting to feel as if I'm being shoved off. He immediately walks out to the balcony and takes a phone call.