2.

-Third person point of view, March 2004-

Chris's blue eyes glanced around the room towards all of the other children at his daycare center. The children ranged from four years old to ten years old, but no matter their age, not a single child in the room was smiling. All of the children's eyes were locked onto Chris who continued to glance back at the weeping children. Tears and red eyes were flooding the room, even the daycare staff was at a complete loss for words. Most of the staff were coddling and rocking some of the other children, all while Chris received horrified glares and a deafening silent treatment. He was confused, he didn't understand what he had done wrong, and it hurt him to be ignored.

The door to the daycare opened abruptly, Chris's mother Angelica rushed into the room after speeding out of her office on a busy day. The daycare didn't give her much of an idea as to why she had to pick her son up early, which only frustrated her even more since she had left work to deal with something that may have been small. "Can someone please explain to me what is going on, I left work and came as quick as I possibly coul-" Angelica rambled, but cut herself off as soon as she saw her son innocently standing by a small whiteboard.

"Christopher?" Angelica nervously smiles towards her son who seemed happier than ever to see a familiar face. "What have you drawn?" She asked him, referring to the explicit drawing on his board.
Chris had always loved to express himself through art, it was therapeutic to him at the age of seven and his mother never saw anything wrong with it until now.

What stuck out on the white board wasn't just the normal scribbles of a seven year old who didn't know any better, Chris had drawn a fully detailed picture of a man and woman having sex. Although he was young and his art skills weren't spectacular, the image on the board was obvious. The smallest details that even Angelica herself would have missed out on, Chris didn't miss a single one. Angelica covered her mouth in horror, she knew that this behavior was normal as children grew and discovered things that they shouldn't have, but this was unlike anything that she had ever seen before.

"Chris began drawing inappropriately, we asked him to erase his board and to start over but he smacked one of our staff members" The supervisor of the daycare explained to Angelica who couldn't take her eyes off of that damn whiteboard. "We called you as soon as we could, but he continued to draw these disturbing images in front of the other children. He even began to explain it to them" Miss Brown shook her head, she was as in just as much shock as Chris's mother was.

Angelica was completely stunned, she wondered how Chris could have gotten in contact with explicit content like this. Her mind was frazzled and she was left embarrassed while she thought to herself, all eyes of the staff were focused on her. "I am so sorry Miss Brown, I am just as shocked as you are right now!" Angelica apologized profusely. "I only give him tablet access for one hour a day, but I monitor him as much as I can" She assured the woman who looked at her as if she had killed someone.

Miss Brown scoffed as soon as the words fell from Angelica's mouth. "What kind of mother doesn't set up parental controls on their child's device? It could take as little as five minutes for your child to end up on the wrong side of the internet" Miss Brown shook her head in disbelief.

The truth was that Angelica still had a lot to learn when it came to raising a child. She had truly done all that she could to watch both of her children while also provide and make money for their family. Her husband did a lot with the kids as well, but his work took first priority as he would take long weekends on business trips, stay late at the office, or hide in his study. Angelica was taken aback, her and her son had left the daycare as soon as Miss Brown had made it clear that Chris wasn't welcome back to their facility after what he had done. He was only a child, a child who must have gotten into some things that he shouldn't have, and Angelica was heartbroken.