13.

Yesterday's shift at the Lounge was busier than I had seen in years

Yesterday's shift at the Lounge was busier than I had seen in years. Sure, the club is always busy, but this was different. With new management and changes, I witnessed all sorts of new clientele walk through the doors last night. I originally doubted Rio and his decision to invest in the club, but it seems that it was one of the better decisions that he has made. Each staff member walked away with almost triple their daily income, and that was exactly what each person was dying for.

Although the money from last night was hard to beat, I woke up feeling more tired than usual. I felt as if I had one million things on my mind, all ranging from my modeling connections, drug dealers, and my new and improved work establishment. Perhaps I am just overwhelmed, but it genuinely feels as if my head is spinning. Regardless of my cluttered mind, I knew that I had to get started on building my career. I woke up early enough to make some phone calls, but late enough to indulge in a full eight hours of sleep.

By the time that I had woken up, Emily had already left the apartment. I sighed aloud as I sat in the living room by myself, because now I was facing a small dilemma. Emily had offered to be my personal photographer for the day, we planned to explore the city and take some pictures for my portfolio. Unfortunately it seemed that Emily wouldn't be available to do as we discussed. I pondered, wondering if I should take matters into my own hands and attempt to take the pictures on my own.

As soon as I thought about it, I realized how poorly the pictures would turn out if I tried to take them myself. Then came another bright idea; If I leave the apartment to run some errands, perhaps Emily would be back by the time that I return. Just as I thought that I had it all figured out, I remembered one tiny problem. My car had been in the shop for three days, and Emily must have taken her vehicle to go out as well. I closed my eyes and sighed aloud once more as I realized that I had no other options but to beg Chris to lend me his car for a few hours.

I didn't want to see him. In fact, I would rather walk ten miles than have to ask him for a small favor. Unfortunately, I had things to do and I couldn't sit around and wait for Emily to return. My options were slim, so I had no choice but to swallow my pride and hope that it pays off. I gulp before opening my apartment door, slowly closing it behind me and walking over to Chris's door. I hesitated as I stood outside, unable to gather enough courage to place a subtle knock against the grain. I nearly turned around, until I reminded myself that this was my last resort.

I swallowed, and allowed my knuckles to tap against the wooden door with hesitance. I instantly began to hear rustling movements through the door. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering if I should run back to my apartment before he comes out and bombards me with insults. Just before I could turn around, I heard his deep voice chime into my eardrums.

"One second!" Chris's muffled voice shouted through the door. Within thirty seconds or so, the door opened and I was graced with a sight for sore eyes. He was only wearing a towel around his waist. "Oh, it's you, what do you want?" He stated bluntly while only cracking the door open.