22

I didn't want to do this anymore, The game was fun at first but now it was ridiculous

I didn't want to do this anymore, The game was fun at first but now it was ridiculous. It was thrilling to be dating a man who was so dangerous, and that's why I did it. I wanted some type of excitement, but I suppose that I completely forgot to acknowledge the bad parts that come with these type of men.

After the mess that Lucie and I got ourselves into, and after being told there was every precaution being taken to ensure our safety, it got even worse.
We knew what we got ourselves into, we knew the consequences, but we ignored them; All for those jaw dropping men. Beauty is utterly and truly blinding to the human eye.

When we were escorted onto the jet to go home, leaving the guys behind. Something immediately clicked in my mind as we stepped onto the jet. When I say clicked, well I mean I could not stop crying. I didn't deserve this, and neither did poor Lucie.
We were in over our heads.

Instead of listening to our head, we listened to our hearts. We assumed that these men wouldn't put us in any danger, and that is what ruined it for us. We were blind to the fact that our lives would be put at risk all for love.

Lucie on the other hand, she would get to be with her brother. She would be closer to where her career would take off, and she could start a new life with better opportunities. I couldn't take that from her even if I wanted to.

As we now all sit in a hospital room, nobody knows what to say. It has been a week since we were brought back home, a week since the cartel had tried taking reign over Rio. Both of the guys had made a deal, brought peace to their war with the cartel. Turns out that Rio didn't even need to do business with them for 3 months, as long as he gave them some percentage of his sales over here.

I am speaking past tense, because both of the boys arrived back to Brooklyn safely, but once they stepped off the plane, everything changed. We were in the hospital room, because of this business that the boys got us involved in. Our lives all changed because of them.

"He's gone" The doctor came outside of the room and told us slowly with shaky breathe, not knowing how to go about this.

We all stood up immediately, While Lucie starts breaking down into tears. As for me, I am motionless, emotionless, And ready to leave all of this behind me. I was torn, between my love for the girl who sat next to me with tears streaming down her face, and my mind telling me to run.

"You didn't do enough! He could've been helped!" Lucie yells at the doctor in complete shock. I stood up to comfort her and grab her by her arms, pulling her into a hug.

Last week Chris and Rio got off the plane, escorted by their inside officers, with the intentions of helping us move our things back to the apartment. We had stayed with Lucie's brother who was nice enough to let us stay without asking any questions.