You and I (F/A)

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of self-harm

(Lances POV)

Soul•mate

noun:

a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

I had yet to meet my soulmate. My perfect match. My world. My everything. I looked down at my arm. I looked at the mark. I didn't want to believe it, I couldn't, but there it was. Another scar. More appear on my arm and I can't help but be consumed by fear for my soulmate.

"Soulmates share a unique bond that allows the other to see their imperfections. Things like cuts, scars, etc. We are unsure how this happens but- Lance, are you listening?" Mr. Coran called from the front of the room. I looked up from my arm.

"Yes sir" I looked around to see many other students giggling at me.

"Are you alight Lance? You're looking rather pale. Do you need to see the nurse?" Mr. Coran asked. I shook my head and he continued with the lesson. I looked back at Hunk and he immediately knew what was going on. The marks had been appearing for almost a year. Hunk and I come up with a code (sorta) for us to communicate when the scars appeared again.

(Time Skip~After Class)

"Who do you think it is?" Hunk asked, examining my arm, which was now littered with marks. The class had ended and we were now on our break period. I couldn't help but want to look for this person.

"I don't know. I need to stop this. I can't have my soulmate doing this to themselves. It's scary." I looked at the marks, which had stopped appearing. This means my soulmate stopped cutting, but for how long?

"I agree with you Lance but it's risky." Hunk said.

"Then let's find 'em," I said, determined to stop my soulmate from doing this to themselves.

"And how do you plan on doing that? Going around lifting people's sleeves to see who has cuts on their arm? That doesn't sound like a good idea" A familiar voice chirped from behind Hunk and I. We quickly turn around to see a gremlin standing behind us.

"Pidge, stop sneaking up on us like that." Hunk whined, clenching his heart through his chest.

"Not my fault you can't see me," she said, giving us a playful smirk, "and it's also not my fault you guys can't come up with a good plan to find Lance's suicidal soulmate."

"We're trying to stop them Pidge so if you're just gonna brag about how smart you are, go away please" I tried not to sound rude, and, luckily, Pidge wasn't offended by my comment.

"I'm not gonna brag the whole time. Also, I'm here to help, but we need to come up with a plan." Before we could come up with some ideas, the bell rang. The three off us said our goodbyes and headed off to class. I entered Mr. Takashi's classroom and took my seat next to Keith. I had known him for a year or two but we never really talked. In fact, I almost never heard Keith talk. He had his head down and he was shaking a bit.

"Alright settle down everyone." Mr. Takashi called out to the class and everyone stopped talking and waited for instructions.

(Time Skip~After School)

"See ya Lance" Hunk yelled as he waved and walked away. The school day was finally over.