Mornings (F)

(3rd person POV)

Lance yawned as he stretched, waking up and pulling the warm blankets off of his body. He pushed his legs off the side of the bed and sighing and he realized one of his feet had fallen asleep.

Once the feeling subsided, Lance got to his feet. He walked to the large bathroom off of the master bedroom. Lance took a quick shower and prepared to change into his uniform for work.

"Mmm...?" Lance turned around and smiled.

"Buenos días, Hermosa" Lance said, sitting down on the bed beside his husband and stroked a lock of thick black hair behind his ear.

"Mm, you know it's sexy when you speak Spanish?" Keith groaned, smiling but not opening his eyes. Keith grabbed Lance's hand and kissed his husbands palm. Lance smiled and pushed himself onto the bed, wrapping his arms around Keith.

"Baby, I need to go to work" Keith groaned, wrapping his arms around Lance's chest. Keith snuggled into Lance's chest.

"No~ Don't go~. I don't like being here without you, it's lonely~" Keith groaned, hugging Lance as his husband tried to get out of bed

"I know Baby, I know but if i go to work, we'll finally be able to go on that Honeymoon I promised you, and then, eventually, maybe... a baby? Then you won't be alone here anymore." As lance suggested the idea, he rubbed Keith's arm lovingly. Keith's eyes opened wide, excited by his husbands suggestions.

"Really?! You want to try?!" Keith asked, excitement overpowering his voice.

"Of course Baby, I hate leaving you alone all day. I was thinking a little girl, what do you think Baby?" Lance asked excitedly. Keith's excitement however, decreased, and was replaced with confusion.

"You can't really predict the gender Lance." Keith said with an awkward laugh in his tone. Lance frowned at Keith.

"What do you mean? If we talk to an agency, I bet we could find a little girl that needs an amazing mother. I know you'll be amazing mi amor." Lance hugged Keith's waist, nuzzling the marks he'd made on Keith's neck and shoulder.

"Oh... You meant adoption" Keith's face fell as he was overwhelmed with disappointment.

"Yeah, of course baby, what else would I mean?" Lance asked, looked at Keith as he tried to make the smaller male look at him.

"I just... I thought maybe you'd changed your mind." Keith pulled himself out of Lance's arms and sat on his side of their bed.

"Baby, you know you can't-"

"There's a five percent chance, ten percent when I'm in heat, you know that Lance" Keith argued. Lance smiled, hugging his husbands waist again and kissing the back of the man's palm.

"That's still a low chance baby. I know you want a baby of our own, but you know that would be tough on you and your body." Lance massaged Keith hips with his fingers as he heard Keith sigh.

"Lance... Can w-"

"Oh crap, sorry mi amor, I'm going to be late for work." Lance pulled away from Keith and finishes dressing for work. Keith shivered as Lance's warmth left his body, making the room feel cold.

"Lance wai-"

"I'm sorry Love, can we talk about this when I get home?" Lance asked, giving his tie and preparing to go downstairs for a quick breakfast.

"Yeah, sure but wa-"

"Thank you Love." Lance kissed Keith's forehead and left their room. Keith hurried out of the room just as Lance reached the bottom of the stairs. Keith followed him into the kitchen where he saw Lance picking a fruit out of a bowl.

"Lance! Listen to me!" Keith yelled, trying to catch his breath after the run. Lance's eyes widened as he stared at his husband. He froze and didn't say a word.

"Lance... It's not that I want a biological child... I mean, I do but... it's that I want you and I to go through that experience together. I know that it sounds stupid but I want to be that close to you again. You've been working non stop and I don't want you worrying about me being lonely. If we have a baby, I won't be alone, even if the baby hasn't come yet. I want to give you the family you want." Lance smiled softly. He put the fruit down on the table and walked over to Keith.

"Baby," Lance wrapped his arms around Keith's waist, pulling the smaller male into a tight embrace, "The only thing I want from you, is you. I couldn't ask for anything else. If you want to, we can try. I'd love to have a family with you, but I love you so much more."

Keith smiled and hugged Lance's neck, pushing himself onto his toes and kissing Lance's lips. Lance kissed him back and closed his eyes, enjoying the moment while it lasted.

Keith pulled away after some time and giggled. He pressed his forehead against Lance's and smiled. Lance did the same.

"Now you're really going to be late for work." Lance panicked as Keith pointed that out.

"Shit!" Lance let go of Keith and resumed his panicked attempt to make breakfast. Keith laughed as he pulled Lance aside and straightened his husbands messy tie. Keith handed Lance an apple and the pre-made lunch he'd made Lance the night before.

Keith walked Lance to the front door, kissing his husbands cheek before he forced his husband out the door. Keith waved to Lance as he watched the larger male walk to his car, unlocking it a day opening the driver side door. Lance waved back and started his car. As Keith watched Lance drive away, he sighed.

"I'm glad I got him on my side, how else would I explain you?" Keith smiled, rubbing his stomach which held his and Lance's developing baby girl.

"9 months to go little one" Keith whispered, smiling as he grabbed his tablet, searching the internet for ideas on how to tell Lance he was pregnant.

(A/N)

Hey. Sorry it's been so long since my last update. I was struggling with ideas and inspiration for this chapter but I found some. Just to clarify, this is a omegaverse AU sort of thing. Keith is an omega, as you could probably tell, but in this AU, male omegas have a very low chance of getting pregnant. Keith, however does. So... Yeah. Sorry if this one-shot is bad. Thanks for reading💜💜

-Eliza