Over and Done (F)

3rd person POV

Lance sighed as he walked around his room. It had been nearly a month since Allura's passing. Lance had tried to move on, but nothing worked. He moved back in with his family, but Allura was always on his mind. He tried looking for someone else, but everything reminded him of Allura. He couldn't move on.

Lance sighed as he sat down at his desk and buried his face in his hands. He couldn't cry. He was tired, but he couldn't sleep. He couldn't do anything. He felt useless.

The sound of the doorbell rang through his home. Lance ignored it. His mother answered the door from downstairs.

"Lance, mijo! Someone's here to see you!" His mothers cheerful voice called from the door. Lance forced himself to his feet and left his room. He forced himself down the stairs and looked at his visitor.

"Oh... Hi Keith" Lance said, disappointed in himself for sounding so unhappy about seeing Keith at his door. Keith smiled slightly and waved.

"Hey Lance" Keith said, sliding his hand back into his pocket. Keith's smiled changed from warm to uncomfortable. The silence was killing both of them.

"Y-You can come upstairs if you want o-or... We can take a walk? There's a nice park down the street?" Lance cursed himself for making everything sound like a question. Why did he have to be so awkward?

"Upstairs is fine, it's really hot outside today" Lance invited him upstairs. Keith followed him and the two ended up in Lance's room.

"So... Uh..." Lance tried to start a conversation. Keith looked at his feet and laughed lightly.

"What's so funny, Mullet?" Lance asked. Keith looked at Lance with a playful smile.

"Even after everything that's happened your still the same cocky Lance that is obsessed with my hair." Keith laughed.

""everything that's happened"? Is he talking about Allura- No! Stop it! You're so pitiful. You're useless and you're stuck thinking about a girl that died to save the universe. She was braver, smarter and more important that you will ever be-."

"Lance?" Keith's voice cut off Lance's thoughts, "Is everyone okay?"

"What? Oh, uh, yeah I'm fine." Lance lied. Lance gasped as his vision began to blur. He turned away from Keith and wiped the tears but more kept coming.

"Lance?" Keith got up from where he was sitting and put one hand on Lance's shoulder. It was then that he noticed Lance's behavior. Recognizing it immediately, Keith pulled up a spare chair and sat near to Lance. He wrapped his arms around Lance in a makeshift hug.

"K-Kei-?"

"You're upset about Allura aren't you? That's why we haven't seen you since Allura died, isn't it? We miss her too Lance, you can talk to us. You can talk to me." Keith promised. With that, Lance burst into tears. He cried into Keith's hug, accepting the embrace. Keith rubbed Lance back as the male cried into his shoulder.

"I-I'm s-so sorry Keith... I-I'm getting your jacket wet. I'm sorry" Keith frowned.  He pulled away from Lance and stared at the male, lifting his chin to make Lance look at him. Keith's hand fell from Lance's chin and found itself on top Lance's hand that rested on the desk in front of them.