Like a Bullet Straight Through my Heart (A/F)

"Keith" Lance's voiced pierced through the silent room like a bullet. Short and quick, yet loud all the same

"Yes Darling?" Keith snuggled into the younger males chest, hugging him closely as if to never let him go.

"I think we should break up"

Those words echoed through Keith's head. Those six words ruined the relationship that had lasted over two years. It had been nearly six months since he and Lance had broken up but he still loved him. He saw Lance every day. They were teammates. They were friends... at least, they had been. The two hadn't had a actual conversation in months.

Lance had barely spoken to Keith since that night and even when he did, it was only when necessary. Keith hated it. He hated himself. He loved Lance, and he'd messed everything up.

Keith spent most of his time in his room now. He was distant. The only person he would open the door for was Lance, and Lance almost never knocked on Keith's door.

Keith laid on his bed, crying as he recalled memories of all the wonderful things Lance had once said to him.

"You're so beautiful"
"You mean the world to me"
"I'm here for you"
"You're so amazing Keith"
"I love you Kitten"
"I will never leave you"

Keith sobbed as he remembered Lance's words. Were they all just jokes? Did he ever truly mean what he said? Was he lying?

"Keith" Keith jumped. He quickly wiped his tears and got to his feet. He looked at the man standing in his doorway. Had Shiro even knocked? What was he doing in Keith's room?

"What is it, Shiro?" Shiro looked at Keith with worried eyes.

"Keith, I know you were crying. What's wrong? You've been distant for months. What's going on?" Shiro asked. Keith looked away, rubbing his arm.

"I-It's nothing. It's not important." Keith stated. Shiro didn't believe that for a second.

"Keith! Come on, I know something's wrong. Tell me... please" Shiro pleaded with the younger male, taking a step forward and grabbing Keith shoulders. Keith shook his head and pushed Shiro away.

"I'm fine Shiro. It's nothing." Keith's eyes welled with tears. Shiro understood.

"It's Lance, isn't it?" Keith's eyes widened. Keith let his tears fall from his eyes as he allowed Shiro to hug him. Keith sobbed into Shiro's chest.

"W-What did I do w-wrong? What's wrong with me? Why did I have to ruin the best thing that ever happened to me?" Keith sobbed. Shiro hugged Keith tighter, letting the male sob into his chest.

"You didn't do anything wrong Keith, nothing was your fault. There's nothing wrong with you." Shiro reassured him. Keith only cried more.

"Here, let's go to the lounge and watch a movie, or play a game. What do you think?" Shiro asked in the sweetest voice ever. Keith wiped his tears and nodded. Shiro smiled as he took a blanket from the bed a wrapped it around Keith's shoulders.

The two walked to the lounge, talking and enjoying each others company. Shiro let Keith enter the lounger first, waiting for the younger male to enter before he followed. Keith smiled at Shiro as he passed, one of the first time he smiled in months.

However, his smiled quickly disbanded as his eyes widened at the horrid sight in front of him. Tears welled in his eyes, threatening to spill down his pale cheeks. Keith's head suddenly began to spin and he felt his stomach churn and twist as he felt like he was going to vomit.

Keith? Is everything oka- oh!" Shiro's eyes widened as he realized what had upset Keith so much. Lance sat on the far side of the large couch in the middle of the room, arms wrapped tightly around Princess Allura as his lips pressed against hers.