All Our Memories (F)

Keith's POV

Lance had been in the healing pod for a week now. I sighed as I placed my forehead against the glass. We had been fighting with the Galra and Lance took a shot to the head. He took the shot for me. He had pushed me out of the way. I felt terrible.

"I wish you were here Lance. I miss you." I whispered. I looked up at my boyfriend. We had been dating for a while before this. Tears came to my eyes and I leaned against the pod again.

"Why did you do it?" I whispered, praying for him to respond. I wanted to hear his voice again. It had only been a week but it felt like an eternity.

"Keith, we know you miss Lance but you need to eat." Hunk said. I looked at him, my restless eyes struggling to stay open.

"No! I have to be here when he wakes up." Shiro walked up to the pod and placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at Shiro then back to Lance. I let a tear fall down my cheek. Suddenly Allura's voice rang through the room.

"Palidans! Meeting in 20 dobashes!" her voice echoed. Everyone started to exit the room but I didn't move.

"C'mon Keith." I shook my head.

"You heard me. I need to be here! I need to stay with him!" I looked over my shoulder at Shiro, an angered expression on my face.

"Alright, just promise me you'll take care of yourself too." I nodded and looked back at Lance. I sigh and sit down at the base of the healing pod. I lay my head against the metal base and let another tear fall.

"Please wake up Lance. The team needs you — I need you. I love you" I glance at the plate Hunk left for me. I push it away, not having the appetite to eat it. I close my eyes and pray for Lance to be okay. I feel myself start to fall asleep. I let myself drift off, dreaming of Lance, the Lance I couldn't wait to see again.

(Sometime later)

(Still Keith's POV)

I feel a cold breeze and I open my eyes, the pod had opened! I run to catch Lance as he fell out of the pod.

"Lance!" Lance's eyes opened. I smiled at him and hugged him tight.

"I missed you so much." I cried into his shoulder. Lance tensed up as I hugged him.

"Who... Who are you? What happened?" I could hear my heart shatter. Lance didn't remember me. I looked up at Lance. Tears fell down my face. I let go of him and backed away slightly. I heard the door open and a crown of footsteps ran towards Lance and I. Tears flooded my eyes and rained down to my cheeks. More tears fell as Lance called out everyone's name as they hugged him.

"Hunk! I can't breathe" Lance laughed when Hunk pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey, Shorty!" Lance smiled brightly as Pidge hugged his hips.

"Shiro! Good to be back man!" Lance shook Shiro's hand and smiled.

"Looking beautiful as ever, Princess," Lance said charmingly to Allura. Allura rolled her eyes and hugged Lance. Lance hugged her back.

"Hey, Coran!" Coran pulled Lance into a hug and everyone joined in. Everyone except me, of course. I stood, tears falling from my eyes, a few feet away from the group, feeling more alone than I ever had in my life.