What happened to me!? (F)

(Keith's POV)

"Keith, look out!" before I could move, a gas bomb exploded behind me. The gas completely consumed my body. I couldn't move. I was frozen in my place. I heard voices, but they were faint. They were so quiet, I couldn't understand them. I felt a wave of tiredness rush over me. I gave in and drifted off to sleep.

(some time later)
(Lance's POV)

"Lance! Keith's waking up! C'mon!" I groaned. I got off my bed and walked myself to the infirmary. I watched the group crowd around Keith's pod. The glass fell away and his body fell from the pod.

He groaned and opened his eyes. There was something different about him. I was too far away to point it out but I knew something wasn't right.

"Wha... What happened?" a voice said. I had never heard that voice before. I got closer to the group. I saw a mess of raven hair rest against Shiro. It was longer than Keiths. Maybe it had grown while he was in the healing pod?

"K-Keith are you feeling alright?" Allura asked hesitantly.

"I feel fine. Why? Is something wrong?" it was the same voice. It couldn't have been Keith's. It didn't sound like him at all.

"Well... It's just that your... Um... How should I go about telling you this...?" Allura struggled to form the words. I walked around the group to see what was wrong.

I made my way to a place where I could see Keith. I gasped and felt myself my cheeks burn with a deep blush.

"Your body seemed to react to the gas in a way that changed your body and made you a... well, a woman." Keith froze. She pushed herself away from Shiro and ran to the nearest bathroom. The group followed her as she ran into the room and looked at herself in the mirror. See gasped.

"What the quiznak?! What the hell happened?!!" Keith said.

"Language!" Shiro scolded Keith. She started freaking out. I pushed myself through the group and placed my hand on Keith's shoulder.

"It was the gas. It changed your body." I said, looking at her. Keith looked at me, slightly confused and annoyed.

"Yeah I figured that much out for myself, thanks!" She said, gesturing to the mirror.

"Your looks don't matter. You're still our Keith. You're still our hot-headed, emo, mullet head and no freaky body-mutating gas could change that." I said with a smile. Keith smiled back lightly.

"T-Thanks Lance" she mumbled.

"Anytime buddy" I took my hand off her shoulder and we all headed to the dining hall to get something to eat. I sat next to Keith. She looked at me with a funny look then looked back to her food.

The rest of the meal went pretty smoothly, accept for the fact that I couldn't keep my eyes off of Keith. This new body was so beautiful. I had always admired Keith's looks. I honestly preferred her old look to this one, but still, she was stunning.

After dinner, I wasted time by going to the training room. As I wiped the sweat off my forehead after a few hours of training, I heard the door open. I looked over and saw Keith.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes and gave me an angry expression.

"Just because I was turned into a girl doesn't mean I can't train." She scoffed.

"I didn't say that Keith..." I said, walking over to her. I was as close as I could be to her without touching her when I stopped. She looked up at me. I blushed madly as I looked down at her.

"What?!" she asked, crossing her arms. I cover my mouth lightly and looked away.

"N-Nothing" I said.

"Boobs! I can see her bo–" I tried not to think about it.

"Boo–" I looked away, hoping the thought would leave my mind. I could help it. I grabbed Keith's hips. She gasped and looked up at me. I backed her up against the nearby wall and stared down at her.

"L-Lance? What are you doing?" Keith asked. I smiled down at her as I leaned down. I was centimeters away from her lips when I stopped myself. I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine, blushing madly.

"Can I..." I trailed off. Her eyes widened as she realized what I was doing. She pushed me away.

"Lance! What the hell?!" she yelled. I pushed her back against the wall and stared at her again. She looked at me.

"Keith... I..." I wanted to say it. I had wanted to for so long. This was my chance. I could tell her how I felt. Why was it so hard to say?

"Keith, I don't know how to say this but... I love you" I did it! I told her. I looked down at Keith. She didn't look happy.

"No you don't Lance" she said, looking away. I was confused. I tried to get her to look at me without forcing her.

"What? What do you mean? I do love you. You're all I can think about." I confessed. Keith shook her head.

"No, you don't. You only think you do because I was turned into a girl. You don't love me Lance." Keith said. I felt my heart break.

"Keith, I told you before, this new body doesn't effect how I or the team feels about you. Sure, this new body is very attractive but that's not why I'm telling you this. I don't care what you look like. I love you Keith. I love your personally. I love your eyes. I love your smile. No new body can change that. I wish I was telling you this under different circumstances but I was too afraid to say anything before. I love you Keith." I said, pressing my forehead against hers. We stood there in silence for a few ticks. I heard sniffling sounds. I leaned back and looked at Keith. Her head was down so I lifted her chin up and made her look at me. Tears fell from her eyes. I panicked.

"Keith! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to... Oh my... I'm so sorry" I said. Keith placed her small hand on my cheek. I looked at her, shocked.

"That was beautiful Lance. That was easily the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me. I... I love you too Lance. I love you so much." Keith smiled at me while a few small tears dripped down her cheek. I exploded with joy. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her.

"I'm so happy Keith! You're everything I could ever want. I love you! I love you so much!" With that, Keith grabbed my collar and pulled me down towards her. My eyes widened as she kissed me.

I kissed her back. The kiss felt magical. It was full of love. The kiss was slow, each of us enjoying the moment before it was over. We broke the kiss. I opened my eyes and gasped.

"What is it?" Keith asked. I grabbed Keith's hand and pulled him into the bathroom. He looked in the mirror and gasped. He was back to normal. He looked at me shyly, looking away after a few ticks.

"D-Did you mean what you said... or was it just in the heat of the moment?" Keith asked. I smiled at him and took him by his waist again. He looked up at me with wide eyes. I smirked at him before pushing my lips onto his. He gasped into the kiss. He kissed me back as one of my hands left his waist and made its way to the back of Keith's head, entangling itself in his mullet.

"Does that answer your question?" I said with a smirk. Keith chuckled and looked into my eyes. He had a playful smirk on his face.

"You have a fair point but... I don't know, I may need a bit more convincing." I laughed. Keith laughed with me. I pulled him into another kiss, this time was quicker, but it was still just as passionate.

(A/N)

Hiya! I loved writing this one-shot. So cute! Thanks for the idea! I tried to incorporate the picture into the one-shot 😂😅. Hope it's okay. Thanks for reading!

-Eliza