Ch 22

One Week Later

One Week Later

I'm taken out of the jail van, shackles on my wrists and ankles. Reporters asking questions, cameras flashing. People yelling their hate for me. I just walk the best I could looking straight ahead, my face stone cold. The swelling has went away, only bruises left on my face, and soreness in my body. As I walk into the courthouse I see Regina, Bruno, and Jonny in the crowd sitting down. Regina gives me a small weak smile as Bruno nods and Jonny swallows a lump in his throat. I'm then taken behind my side of the court behind a table.

"J." My lawyer, Scott Lang nods at me.

"Scott." I sigh taking a seat.

"Nice suit." He says not knowing how to break the tension.

"Thank you." I nod with a slight clear of my throat.

The doors open again and I hear media cameras flash. I turn to see Natasha coming in with her lawyer, James Rhodes next to her and family behind her.

I sit forward as I wait for the judge to come in. When they do it's a judge I recognized well as he has dealt with most if not all my cases, Judge Phillips.

The trial begins and it's mostly the lawyers making their points, I haven't said a word and so hasn't Natasha.

"So how much money is it gonna take for this to go away?" I ask speaking for the first time this whole trial interrupting Rhodes.

The courthouse goes in an up roar.

"Objection!"

"Oh take your objection and shove it up your ass!" I scoff at Rhodes.

The court house gets loud and the judge uses his gavel to get them to calm down.

"Order in the court!"

"I'm tired of people speaking for me on what I do and mean. People trying to figure out what I mean by my actions when I can just speak for my damn self and tell you what I mean." I say.

"Ms.Joker take the floor." He demands motioning me to the center of the floor.

I stand up the only sounds being heard are the chains and shackles I'm restricted by as everyone was silent watching my every move.

"When I stand up you sit down, so sit your lying ass down." I scoff at Rhodes who's still standing.

His jaw clenches and reluctantly sits down as I make my way to the middle of the floor.

"Sure I've done some bad but I've also done good. Hell I made Tony fucken Stark walk again!" I exclaim causing another up roar.

"What did you guys think? That he took a walking pill instead of a Viagra one night and literally hopped out of bed the next morning?" I ask the courthouse with a scoff.